Deco X60 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-26 15:23:52 - last edited 2020-07-16 17:39:48
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20200527 Rel. 42769

Randomly one of my slave units will show in the app in a disconnected state, yet the light remains solid green.  Whenever this occurs, my iOS devices tell me they are unable to connect to the WIFI, but all other devices remain connected and can find the internet with no issues.  The only way I can get rid of the disconnected state is to unplug the unit for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Once done, all iOS devices connect back up and the "disconnected" status in the app changes to online.  Anyone else encounter this?  It happens randomly.  I could go an entire day without it occuring (rare) or it could happen up to four times in one day.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Deco X60 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light-Solution
2020-07-16 17:32:13 - last edited 2020-07-16 17:41:08

That's part of the problem. Support keeps referring to "beta software" and a lot of assumptions are being made. So when I was still having problems with the "beta software", it was based on an older version. I wasn't even aware that a new beta was available until this morning. The current one as of 07/16/2020 @ 1:30 PM ET can be found at: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202007/20200709/Deco_X60_V1_1.2.4_200707_RE_offline.zip 

Once downloaded, you can only install it by visiting http://tplinkdeco.net  You can NOT install it via the mobile device app.  Here are instructions on how to install the firmware: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1599/

After it is installed, both the app on your phone and via a web browser will confirm Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20200707 Rel. 35081

If not, the firmware has not installed properly, try again.  I'm 5 1/2 hours into the new beta, so far so good.  I won't claim victory until 72 hours of uninterrupted service.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco X60 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light-Solution
2021-02-25 06:19:12 - last edited 2021-03-03 08:54:50

@t-v 

Hi, I have sent you an email and please have a check of your email box.

Thank you very much.

Update:

If you have Deco X60 V1 with the same issue, please update the following beta firmware to have a look:

Latest version: 1.2.6 201023

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202011/20201110/Deco_X60_V1_1.2.6_Memory.zip

How to update the firmware:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202012/20201207/Documentation for upgrading Deco system.pdf

and while if you have V2, Please send me a private message with the forum ID.

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
110 Reply
Re:Deco X60 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light
2020-06-26 17:35:05

@imikem I have the same problem. For my both satellite devices are shown as disconnected on app, yet they both have green lights on. Same "fix" - unplugging/plugging satellite devices.

And when this happens, the devices connected to these satellite are shown as connected wifi, but couldn't figure out which satellite it connects to.

On that note, since the recent firmware update, my x60s started dropping out very frequently vs when they have the older firmware. Not sure what happened. Do you have the same problem?

Options
2020-06-26 18:40:21
I've encountered the same issue. I've been dealing with technical support for a little over two weeks now. I don't see the priority I would expect for a product I spent almost $650 for in Canada.
Options
2020-06-29 01:10:28
Any updates on this? I spent an hour talking to one of the reps on Friday. He told me to just reset the units as they were recently had firmware updated. This was not really an acceptable answer to me. I tried it anyway and it didn't work either. The satellite units showed "disconnected from other Decos" again. I thought this problem didn't impact me in anyway, but apparently, my printer and desktop (each connected to one of the disconnected Decos) couldn't talk to each other because of this problem. There's also a flaky signal problem that resetting didn't help in anyway either. Is there a way to have a Deco/TP-Link reps to respond to this message, rather than just having two of us here?
Options
2020-06-29 11:37:29

I wish I had something different to share with you.  They have gone silent on my ticket now.  This may be my last TP-Link purchase if I do not receive better communication at the very least and a resolution ultimately. 

Options
2020-06-30 15:28:09

@imikem 

I have the same issue.

twof of my Decos are showing as disconnected on the app and need to be turned off and on to restart them. Then they show up on the app. 

imikem wrote

Randomly one of my slave units will show in the app in a disconnected state, yet the light remains solid green.  Whenever this occurs, my iOS devices tell me they are unable to connect to the WIFI, but all other devices remain connected and can find the internet with no issues.  The only way I can get rid of the disconnected state is to unplug the unit for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Once done, all iOS devices connect back up and the "disconnected" status in the app changes to online.  Anyone else encounter this?  It happens randomly.  I could go an entire day without it occuring (rare) or it could happen up to four times in one day.

imikem wrote

This is highly irratating and would love to find an answer to this problem.

Is it related to the firmware?

Options
2020-07-01 08:29:16
I have the same problem.
Options
2020-07-01 10:59:23

@imikem Same issue here, started since the latest firmware update. So guess must be fixed in another firmware update. That is if they take this serious and don't just advise "to reset" them, as that doesn't solve the issue. 

Options
2020-07-02 07:33:05

@imikem I have exactly the same problem. TP-link need to get this resolved quickly otherwise it will become just like the Netgear Orbi which I recently returned because it kept dropping out. I expect a better response from TP-Link

Options
2020-07-03 07:28:57 - last edited 2020-07-10 12:32:09

@Macroman  @imikem  @KomodoInc  @SJ2  @Ccoeli  @MLVC  @Macroman 

Hello all, update the beta firmware!

We have released a new beta firmware to solve this Deco X60 disconnecting issue you reported and here is the download link:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202007/20200709/Deco_X60_V1_1.2.4_200707_RE_offline.zip

This firmware can be uploaded into the Deco X60 via its web UI:

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Note: It is suggested to restart all the Deco X60 in your network before uploading this beta firmware.

After the firmware is uploaded successfully, please monitor the performance and keep me update with the result.

If this beta firmware doesn't solve your disconnecting issue, please let me know:

1. Please check the Deco X60 firmware and ensure it is the latest version (1.2.4 200707).

What are the devices/phone behaviors, are they still showing connected but no internet or they just quit/fail to connect?

2. What are the Deco LEDs status, are all still showing solid green? How about the display on the Deco app, are all online or disconnected?

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-03 12:25:52

@TP-Link_Deco 

I'm having difficulty uploading the firmware. It just gets stuck 'uploading' for a long period of time.

Any ideas?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 15421

Replies: 110

Related Articles