No option of changing wifi channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-06 14:13:05
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

My tplink Deco M4 router's 5Ghz netwrok channel is set to 44. Due to this, none of my mobile devices can find 5Ghz wifi network. All of them are connected to 2.4Ghz network.

This is such a basic functionality even a low costing devices offer. I have seen multiple of posts on the forum reagrading this issue in Deco series, still it's not implemented in the firmware/App.

Now I'm stuck with low speed 2.4Ghz network in my mobiles.

P.S:

1. I checked the channel through my laptop which is the only device where I can connect to the 5Ghz network of my router.

2. I have created a separate only 5ghz guest network to ensure everything.

3. Yes, I have also tried to turn on 5ghz only in the main network. It doesn't work either.

Options
4 Reply
Re:No option of changing wifi channel
2020-07-16 06:37:02

@TasinMhd 

Hello, do you mean all of your 5G devices are using band 4 channel?

5G band 1 channel: 36~48

band 4 channel: 149~165

What is the region version of your Deco M4, is it US or EU?

Currently, the Deco M4 5G only works on band 1 and it doesn't support band 4 channels. We will update you once we have a firmware supports band 4 later.

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-16 23:25:03

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thank you for the response.

I have US version of deco M4.

All the mobile I have can easily detect band 4 channels (149~165). I have confirmed this via setting up 5G hotspot from other device and connect my mobiles to that network.

Is there any way of changing channels MANUALLY even in band 1 channel ?

If not, can I please get an estimated time when I can hope to see an option for manual channel selection in Deco M4 ?

Also, Is an update coming for support bnad 4 in deco m4 ?

​​

Options
2020-07-17 06:01:39

@TasinMhd 

Hello, thanks for your understanding.

Yes, changing Wi-Fi channel has been forwarded to the developers and they will evaluate how to improve or add this feature in the future firmware updates, please give us more patience and keep an eye on the Deco app for new updates.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-07-17 23:41:06

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thank you for understanding the need.

Being a long time user of Tplink Router, I have faith in you guys.

I hope the dev team won't let us down and the feature of changing the channel addes up pretty soon since it's already in pipeline for quite a while.

This will surely ease many of the users problem as far as I have observed in the forum.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 860

Replies: 4