We want VR2800 Onemesh support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-07 08:29:30
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.5.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 200624 Beta.65511n
Hello everyone,

As mentioned in the title, an expensive modem such as VR2800 is officially disappointing that there is no onemesh feature. Besides, I do not understand how this product is the top segment modem of the company and this feature will not be. If it will not receive many features like this in the future, let's return it. Besides, the software update via modem does not work properly whenever I check for updates, it says that it has the latest version. However, when I look at the support page myself, I can see that the update is there.

Stand behind the products you sell. And try to support, be active, get updates on your top segment products and technologies. Otherwise, you will soon have an opponent who will make a mess. Her name is Keenetic.

I bought this brand modem for my mom, it has both cheap and very good features. And the software is constantly updated. They are not passive like you. Obviously, if the features like onemesh will not come to the upper segment like VR2800 and the software will not be updated frequently, you can be sure that I will not choose the TPLINK brand again.

I spend so much money and get bad support and it will not have new features. This is to replace the customer with a sucker.

If this is the case, I will have one word that I can tell you. Shame , because you don't care about your customers.
Options
8 Reply
Re:We want VR2800 Onemesh support
2020-07-13 10:14:26

@Spacemau5 

Yes, totally agree.

VR2800 is the top of the line product for all of us on NBN VDSL (FTTN), yet there is no way for us to extend the range seamlessly by adding mesh nodes.

Options
2020-11-16 07:39:28 - last edited 2020-11-16 07:40:27

Totally agree @Spacemau5 and @Mohawks. TP-Link team... please please please can you add this functionality to the vr2800!! The website now shows a bunch of the routers with OneMesh planned but we many of us need a fast OneMesh modem router and this is your top model.

Options
2020-11-20 12:23:01

@Simoncoates79 

Hello all, thanks for your suggestions.

All of your opinions have been forwarded to the product team, they will evaluate the feasibility, while we cannot give you an answer at the moment, it is suggested to keep an eye on the official website once there are any updates:

https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/product-list/

Options
2021-01-27 18:34:06

@Kevin_Z on this thread (https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/208712), you said the following:

Kevin_Z wrote

Hello, as confirmed with the related department, there is no plan to support Onemesh on the VR2800, you may replace it with a VR2100, which supports Onemesh already.

BTW, this is the Onemesh compatibility list: https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/product-list/.

Options
2021-01-28 01:46:05

@Krooms 

Hi, thanks for reminding. That is what we got after confirmed with the R and D, sorry about that if you are expecting the Onemesh feature on the VR2800 as well.

Options
2021-01-28 05:13:28

So what I learned from this brand is never buy an expensive product from them. And I will never ever do it again. It is a shame. The only think what important is for them is Money.

Anyway thanks to all of your answers.

Options
2021-01-29 20:54:47

@Kevin_Z OF COURSE I was expecting the VR2800 to get Onemesh as well. It is the TOP modem router, so I expect TOP features!!!

So I keep it as Spacemau5 and never ever buy a TP-Link product again.

Options
2021-02-01 10:21:00

I apologize but I must also insist that the R&D Team consider the opportunity to implant OneMesh on the VR2800 and VR2800v, for one simple reason: We have already been mocked for the much advertised 160Mhz bandwidth at the modem output and that we do not has never been implemented and never will be, now that you are asked to implement OneMesh at least to remedy the teasing of 160Mhz, OneMesh is asked at least to remedy the misleading advertising, but the answer is once again negative, continuing at this rate, (but it's just my personal opinion!) it will certainly not continue to guarantee success with the end user so far, who will no longer feel guaranteed by promises that then remain only on paper.
So I paid for something that I will never have, and that you don't even want to solve the problem by implementing at least one more function than the OneMesh Type?
Sorry for you this is a very bad advertisement!

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1486

Replies: 8