Chromecast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Chromecast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Chromecast
Chromecast
2020-07-08 20:09:53

Hi, hoping for some help please.

Im trying to use an AC1200/RE305 and a google pixel 3 android phone to mirror my screen to a TV via Chromecast. 

However the connection on the chromecast drops instantly when using the extended wifi network. when starting the screen mirror mode.  

The chromecast works fine on the non extended signal, so i guess it must be the extender causing the issue. 

Ive reset both extender and chromecast. Made sure both on same frequency and tried both 2.4 and 5 hz. 

Really frustrating as i know the chromecast works, just cant get it working with the extended wifi signal. 

Any ideas or help please?

Thanks

TRJ

Options
1 Reply
Re:Chromecast
2020-07-21 09:17:39

@TRJ 

Hello,

Please change a different channel (1-11) and channel width of your router, then check if you the RE305 can has a stable conenction.

When your other devices connect the RE305's wifi, did they have a stable connnection? Is there only the chromecast has this issue?

What is the model number of your main router?

What is the error information on the chromecast when it lose the Internet connection? May I have a photo of it?

How often did it drop the Internet connection? How did it recover the Internet?

What is the LED light status on the RE305 when it drop the Internet connection?

Thank you for your cooperation and have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 367

Replies: 1

Related Articles