Struggling to connect to wifi printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-13 18:21:15
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I am struggling to print with my wifi printer and it is starting to drive me potty. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have my router (a Linksys Velop) in my living room, and a TP-link powerline connection, specifically an AV500 Powerline Wi-Fi Kit, set up so that I can get a WiFi signal in the bedroom, which is having to play the role of my office due to the ongoing pandemic. I used the WPS clone button to have the same SSID and password in both the living room and bedroom. The router and the powerline kit work brilliantly to provide internet access in both the living room and the bedroom for all other devices.

I bought an Epson XP-900 wireless printer which works fine if it is in my living room, where it is in contact with the router, but in the bedroom (where it is in contact with the powerline extender) I simply cannot work out how to print with it. The printer connects to the network, and the router can see the printer, but if I attempt to print while in the bedroom I get a prompt telling me that the printer cannot be found. If I then try to use the troubleshooter, the printer is not found. I can't work out if the problem is with the router, with the printer, or with the powerline extender, and can't work out what to do about it.

After looking around other forums, I have tried setting the router to reserve a DHCP IP address (192.168.1.30) for the wifi printer, but that hasn't helped. I have tried to ping the IP address (i.e. "ping 192.168.1.30) but get the message "Reply from 192.168.1.140: Destination host unreachable." I can't work out what device the 192.168.1.140 address relates to.

Any help would be much appreciated! Any workarounds besides leaving the printer in the living room would also be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Struggling to connect to wifi printer
2020-07-16 07:57:47

@ritat86 

Hi, for the issue, please confirm the below information.

'I have tried to ping the IP address (i.e. "ping 192.168.1.30) but get the message "Reply from 192.168.1.140: Destination host unreachable." I can't work out what device the 192.168.1.140 address relates to.'

When you do the ping test on your PC, please check which network is connected on PC and printer?

They are connected to the network of extender or router?

It is suggested that the PC and the printed are both connected to the extender's network to do the ping test.

Look forward to your reply.

Options
2020-07-16 13:54:58

@Solla-topee 

Hi, Thank you for the reply.

I can confirm that both the computer that I am trying to print from (and from which I am performing the ping test) and the printer are connected to the extender.

I tried also moving the printer to the living room (where it connects to the router) and tried to ping it from the laptop in the bedroom (connected to the extender). In this case the ping request times out.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Options
2021-09-01 07:50:09

@ritat86 

ritat86 wrote

@Solla-topee 

Hi, Thank you for the reply.

I can confirm that both the computer that I am trying to print from (and from which I am performing the ping test) and the printer are connected to the extender.

I tried also moving the printer to the living room (where it connects to the router) and tried to ping it from the laptop in the bedroom (connected to the extender). In this case the ping request times out.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Hi

Did you ever resolve this issue, and if so, how?

This is EXACTLY the same problem I am having - Different Router (Technicolour) and printer (Epson ET 2650) but the connection setup via a TP link AV500 kit, and inability for the printer setup to "see" the printer are identical. Both my laptop and printer are visible with IP addresses in the Router control panel, but every attempt to set up and print has been a failure!

I'd be really interested to read any advice or suggestions you may have.

Cheers

Options
2021-09-02 03:04:38

@Ludgateman  Hello, 

May I know the model of your AV500 KIT, the model begin with TL-WA/ Tl-WPAXXX on the back label. 

• Confirm your AV500 is on the latest firmware.
  • Make sure when computer connect to router, you could print with no problem

May I have a detailed network topology, e,g,

Router Model XX IP 192.168.0.1 --<Ethernet>-- printer (Epson ET 2650)  IP address: 192.168.0.50

Router---PA4010 ___WPA4220 --PC IP address 192.168.0.20

Do you have any smart switch or other extender in your network topology, what is the IP address of your PC and printer, please try to ping printer and share the ping results,thank you. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

Options
2021-09-09 07:57:47
Hello again For the time being, I've replaced the AV500 with a TL-WA850RE range extender, which has worked perfectly straight out of the box. All devices now connect and I can scan and print without issues. I'll find a use for the AV500 somewhere else. Thanks for your input.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1792

Replies: 5

Related Articles