Microsoft Teams Calls don't work on Deco mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-17 07:57:15 - last edited 2021-07-09 02:23:22
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My Deco mesh, S4, works perfectly in creating a longer signal to reach my garden and garage.

It creates a more stable link for online gaming on the PlayStation.

Internet browsing on the phone is better.

Streaming video on iPad is better.

BUT Microsoft teams calls, it can't handle, three different computers in the house, all within 7ft on Deco devices, not all turned on at the same time either before you ask, all of them can't handle Microsoft teams calls. Not video calls, normal internet calls.

So I have to revert back to sky WiFi for these.this is crazy and makes no sense.

Am I missing something obvious in the settings/setup that allows quality on everything except teams calls?

Please help, I'm in fear of being made to return the whole system by the Mrs because although it's helped with a few things it's made working from home harder, thus it sucks :(

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Microsoft Teams Calls don't work on Deco mesh-Solution
2021-07-09 02:22:44 - last edited 2021-07-09 02:22:50

@Spideyman 

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers already and please have a check of your email box.

PS: If any users have the same issue, please refer to the suggestions on this link:

[Troubleshooting] Zoom or Microsoft Teams frozen or hanging when connected to Deco

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/266994

Recommended Solution
Options
29 Reply
Re:Microsoft Teams Calls don't work on Deco mesh
2020-07-21 11:04:39

@Mozer 

Hi, sorry about that.

May I have your current network topology/layout? What is the firmware of the Deco devices? Please show me the detailed settings on your Deco app-More-Advanced page.

How about the version of the Microsoft Teams, is it the latest version? Is it possible to show us a short video when you try to use the Microsoft Teams and it fails, will there be any error message?

What is the operating system of the computer you are running with the Microsoft Teams? Can you try on a different computer?

Have a great day.

Options
2020-10-09 14:12:22

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi - I am having the exact same problem as this, having bought and set up a new Deco system earlier this week.

Was the previous user's issue resolved?

Options
2020-10-12 11:01:54

Hi,

I am having the same issue, yesterday I brought the new Deco 4, setup and updated firmware to  latest.

Microsoft teams not working.

any luck?

Options
2020-10-13 05:38:09

@csnvkiran  @RHAS 

Hello, sorry that Mozer did not follow up on the issue he reported with the Microsoft teams call, we previously had no many details to locate it. Could you please help confirm?

1. What is the detailed network topology/layout? How many Deco units do you have and what is the model number, how are they connected to each other? Please ensure the firmware is up-to-date.

2. How about the version of the Microsoft Teams, is it the latest version? Is it possible to show us a short video when you try to use the Microsoft Teams and it fails, will there be any error message?

3. What is the operating system of the computer you are running with the Microsoft Teams? Is it connected to the main Deco or the satellite unit? Can you try on a different computer?

4. Is the Deco working as a router or access point? Is it possible to try with a different mode, that is to say, if it is currently running as an access point, try to change it to the router, or vice versa?

Thanks a lot~

Options
2020-10-13 05:58:17

@TP-Link_Deco we did speak and I answered all the same questions you've asked this person and unfortunately the unsatisfactory resolution given by you, without much help, was that it was a Microsoft error and I need to contact them

Options
2020-10-13 06:49:30

@Mozer 

Hi, sorry about that, it seems that you contacted our chat support and the issue was followed up via email, we will soon escalate your case to the engineers and ask them to help you ASAP.

Options
2020-10-13 09:04:54

Hi,

My Deco M4 working as a router and firmware version is 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel 74289.

After firmware update,  Deco rebooted automatically,  this did not solved the issue.

Complete Manual reboot of devise, worked for me. services are working fine now.

Thank you for the quick response.

Options
2020-10-16 03:15:06 - last edited 2020-10-16 03:18:03

I just purchased the Deco X60 and it was easy to setup and I am getting great speeds.  One problem, it doesn't work with Microsoft Teams.  Because of that issue, since I work at home, and Teams is integral to my success, I am going to have to return it back to Costco and purchase a Eero.  If you got a solution, I am all ears.  If you are not taking into consideration that a large percentage of the American population now works out of their homes, and need web conferencing to do their jobs, you are missing an opportunity.

Options
2020-12-05 13:24:57

@Mozer 

I am having the exact same issue with an X20.  I will be returning if not fix in the next couple of weeks.

Options
2020-12-07 11:46:58

@Richard1955 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Could you refer to the following suggestion to have a look:

1. Could you please provide more details about how the Microsoft Team calls did not work, like unstable connection, broken voice, or even not able to get connected?

2. How are the Deco X20s connected to each other, via Wi-Fi backhaul or Ethernet backhaul?

3. Would turnning off the fast roaming on the App and Mesh technology on the devices make any difference?

4. if possible, could you please try to set up the QoS to prioritize 'Chatting' as well as setting the laptop/mobile phone as a high priority device.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Options