Router loses connection to internet (Teardown and release)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router loses connection to internet (Teardown and release)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:Router loses connection to internet (Teardown and release)
2021-07-19 18:19:48

@Kevin_Z 

ISP: RCN https://www.rcn.com/boston/ . They are unhelpful/don't know what's going on. Had my own cable modem, replaced with their ARRIS one, problem continues. Speed is good but connection drops randomly (see logs below where it happened twich in the space of 5 minutes).

Only work around I can think of is to get a static ip but this usually costs extra and I shouldn't have to. Would love to get a real solution. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

Kevin_Z wrote

@everclear 

Hi, which firmware version are you running on the Archer A7 now? This "Teardown and release" issue should have been addressed already, it is suggested to upgrade your router firmware to the latest official version, then confirm.

BTW, who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the A7, Dynamic IP or PPPoE?

Kevin_Z wrote

@everclear 

Hi, which firmware version are you running on the Archer A7 now? This "Teardown and release" issue should have been addressed already, it is suggested to upgrade your router firmware to the latest official version, then confirm.

BTW, who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the A7, Dynamic IP or PPPoE?

WAN Connection Type: Dynamic

Options
2021-07-20 03:19:22

@everclear 

Have you confirmed the modem stability by connecting a computer directly to the modem and test the internet? We hope you could verify this first, then we can investigate further.

Options
2021-07-20 04:18:08

@Kevin_Z - Modem connection is stable.

Teardown and release keeps happening every few hours on the router. Here's a snippet from the logs:

5:31 ET

8:38 ET

10:33 ET (3 times)

2021-07-19 22:33:56

2021-07-19 22:33:33

2021-07-19 22:33:24

Seems like every couple of hours. Speed test through the wired port on the router degrades before disconnect from 900+MBps to under 300 MBps. No wifi at play here, direct connect by cat5e. Once the DHCP refresh completes, wired speed goes back to normal (above 900 MBps). 

Thanks.

Options
2021-07-20 05:55:52

@everclear 

Thanks. We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-07-21 14:43:39

@Kevin_Z - I've sent all the informaiton off to support but I was wondering if there is a solution to the problem or if it is in the firmware. I've isolated the problem to the length of the DHCP lease on the IP that is given to by my ISP through their Arris cable modem. My question is, is there a way to set the DHCP IP lease duration time (for the WAN connection) through the Archer A7 administraiton console web interface? It doesn't appear that you can but I wanted to double check. If not, my only options seem to be change ISPs or change my router for another brand that is known to work with the Arris cable modem. Or wait for a firmware update from Tp-link (not a good option). Thanks.

Options
2021-12-26 19:25:06

@Kevin_Z 
Hi 

I have the same issue as author but with TP-Link AX55 with firmware 1.0.6 Build 20211108 rel.61776(4555):
DHCPC INFO [16180] teardown and release

As i see i have the newest firmware as possible.
What can i do with this?

This is definitely not a problem for my internet provider because working earlier on a router with a modem from the operator (now it works as a bridge) everything was ok.

Options
2021-12-27 06:03:25

@ArekP 

Hello, may I know who is your ISP? Please go through the troubleshooting suggestions we provided in this link, then get back with the necessary information, we will see how to proceed:

Router Disconnects from Internet

Options
2022-01-19 21:30:31

@Kevin_Z 

My ISp is big polish provider UPC.

The problem persists.
I noticed that most often there is a heavy load on the connection from my computer (video conference on Microsoft teams for +5 people).
Today, for example, I had a problem with downloading a 2.9GB iso image several times. Several times in the middle of the download there was a problem with the router. I tested it by downloading 2 completely different images from different sources several times.

Finally, I had to connect the laptop directly to the modem (which works in bridge mode) and after the cable I was able to download the mentioned ISO images.

Advice like cable replacement didn't help.

Options
2022-01-20 06:30:31 - last edited 2022-01-20 06:35:20

ArekP wrote

@Kevin_Z 

My ISp is big polish provider UPC.

The problem persists.
I noticed that most often there is a heavy load on the connection from my computer (video conference on Microsoft teams for +5 people).
Today, for example, I had a problem with downloading a 2.9GB iso image several times. Several times in the middle of the download there was a problem with the router. I tested it by downloading 2 completely different images from different sources several times.

Finally, I had to connect the laptop directly to the modem (which works in bridge mode) and after the cable I was able to download the mentioned ISO images.

Advice like cable replacement didn't help.

@ArekP If this is the case, please send us the whole system log on the AX55 router when the issue happens, we would like to escalate the case to the support engineers, they will contact you via your registered email later, please check and respond.

BTW, you can install the beta firmware we provided in the following thread to see if it will help:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/521268

Options