XDSL Modem Only Product

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

XDSL Modem Only Product

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
XDSL Modem Only Product
XDSL Modem Only Product
2020-07-23 00:14:32

Hi All,

I'm having issues with my local ISP Based Routers that are supplied as part of the Connection Agreement and i switch between multiple DSL Based connections...now what im looking for is a TP-LINK Made Product that is a Modem Only with at least 1/2 lan ports out in much the same way the old CABLE Modems used to work to a standard PC Before WIFI Became the demand it is nowadays.

I want to have a modem only product to also diagnose if its the connection coming in that is the culprit or the actual modem/router by connecting to a WAN Port

Now im sure i saw a tplink video with just a black box with the tp link logo on it which. Looked like this with 1 LAN port on it 

Any help or model numbers would be appreciated...even older ones for reference.

Kind Regards

PhantomR1982

Options
5 Reply
Re:XDSL Modem Only Product
2020-07-23 10:28:34

@PhantomR1982 

Hello,

Here is a link you can refer to choose the DSL modem router:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/

This is an instruction you can know how to choose a correct product:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2467/

May it help and have a nice day!

Options
2020-07-23 11:52:37

@Sunshine 

Please Re-Read What i asked...

I know how to find the Modem/Router Section for DSL as thats easy enough but what im looking for is 

a standalone xDSL Technology Modem Product WITHOUT all the Routing/Wifi Functions.

A bit like back in the good old days when we used to have standalone External 56k Modems via a

9 Pin Serial Port but a more modern version as for me this will enable testing hardware better and 

a connection via usb or Ethernet to the Device From the DSL Line.

Options
2021-09-23 20:40:49
@TP-Link You would think that with all the technology at your disposal that you would be one step ahead of the competition and have a variety of these products available not only to service providers but also to the public and I.T Techs & Repair Shops etc... Obviously now if it was me i'd want the above with both G.fast/SUPER VDSL and a GPON/EPON modem/ONT port in the one product. Im Not Asking For Much AM I ?? 🤔😂🤣😅🤔
Options
2021-09-24 09:55:02

@PhantomR1982 

Nope and I agreed with you that It would make us one step ahead of the competition if one product is capable for G.fast/SUPER VDSL and a GPON/EPON modem/ONT port, even 3G/4G/5G LTE service.

But whether it would happen or not is beyond my decision.

It is also suggested that you could send an feedback to the local support team.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-09-25 13:02:38

@TP-Link glad that you agree with me on that side of things this was an older post i made as you can see by the date when i first joined the community as to what i was looking for.

Being one step ahead of competitors is harder to do then being just said but as a company you need to think ahead and see what community member want and need.

There was a company once called "safecom.cn" and the products they churned out were awesome then they just disappeared...routers were in steel cases etc.

The 3G/4G/5G/LTE fallback is currently a thing in the UK but as a seperate device next to certain providers Routers but having the unlocked sim card input slot like on your LTE Travel Routers but on a main router like an Archer AC1200 (VR400 or above) at the users choice would work even if slightly more mains power is required & a way round this is to make a TP Link Branded Unlocked LTE USB Modem Dongle that can just take a sim inside and plugged into existing routers via there USB ports to have the fallback added but using the existing routers WIFI Routing,this can then auto kick in when DSL/GPON Signal isnt detected but is dependant on the Local Cellular Networks Signals

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 816

Replies: 5