Votes

disable wifi at night on DECO M4

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Wifi off at night / wifi schedule. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Wifi off at night / wifi schedule. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-03 12:54:14 - last edited 2023-02-14 07:24:50

Dear Support Team!

In this topic: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/164664 Kevin mentioned - M4 Deco will get turn off wifi at night function. Today i installed 2 M4 deco and unfortunatelly i can't find it. That will be very helpfull to disable wifi automatically at night.

Lot of user asked this already but nothing happened for months!!

Pleaes help for us  to get this update as soon as possible. ( Lot of cheaper "router" know this. )

What can we do to solve this "problem" ???

Br, Tamás

Options
10 Reply
Re:disable wifi at night on DECO M4
2021-01-12 17:21:34 - last edited 2023-02-14 07:24:23

@TP-Link_Deco This discussion seems to be going on for at least 2 years and still no firmware available that enables wifi-scheduling - this is extremely disappointing... all competitors have this basic feature.... When will you supply an updated firmware ?

Options
2021-01-12 17:21:40 - last edited 2023-02-14 07:24:23

@TP-Link_Deco This discussion seems to be going on for at least 2 years and still no firmware available that enables wifi-scheduling - this is extremely disappointing... all competitors have this basic feature.... When will you supply an updated firmware ?

Options
2021-01-12 17:21:52 - last edited 2023-02-14 07:24:23

Options
2021-01-12 17:21:57 - last edited 2023-02-14 07:24:23

Options
2021-08-15 22:08:59 - last edited 2023-02-14 07:24:23

Come on @TP-Link get this fixed. Parental control on Deco devices is broken when there is A) no default profile, restrictive profile for new devices and B) access to wi-fi cannot be controlled with a schedule.

Any device with MAC address "privacy" or any kid with a little knowledge or any new device brought into the home renders parental control useless.

Stop brushing off your users with non-answers like "wait for update" (for years) or "get a third party solution".

Fix your product.

Options
2022-01-20 14:14:17 - last edited 2023-02-14 07:24:23

@TP-Link_Deco how is this still not a thing?!  Will absolutely leave negative reviews for this. The developers/engineers seem to be totally inept. 

Options
2022-01-21 06:53:21 - last edited 2023-02-14 07:24:23

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@LangTamas 

Thank you for all your feedback.
The feature request for Wi-Fi schedule has not been accepted yet.
Firstly, Deco is mainly controlled by Deco APP and the smartphone needs to connect to connect to its Wi-Fi for local control.
And the frequently used backhaul for Deco Mesh is also 2.4ghz/5ghz wireless backhaul. Once the wireless backhaul is scheduled to be disabled, satellite Deco units have no access to regain a connection from the main Deco after the schedule, and would stay offline, which would bring more inconvenience.

Eddyh 

Hi, Have you seen the explanations in the recommended solution?

Adding the Wi-Fi schedule would bring more inconvenience than benefits so it hasn’t been accepted by the senior engineers.

Mesh routers are quite different from standard routers. We have ears open for all feedback but need to balance the possible gain and loss, and have careful thought before making a decision. Thank you very much for your understanding.

Options
2022-01-21 07:47:22 - last edited 2023-02-14 07:24:23

@TP-Link 

Hello All, thank you for your feedback, unfortunately i do not understand why can't we upgrade a firmware as a scheduled downtime function where can i configure which deco when down, or turn off wifi. After that just reconnect. ( I know not easy but i think it's possible )

Other thing : why we need to wait this answer 2 years? In any case, thank you for bringing up the topic again!

Br, Tamás

Options
2022-01-21 09:43:38 - last edited 2023-02-14 07:24:23

@LangTamas 

Thank you for coming back.

I do not know too much about coding and I do believe everything is possible.

The future is always uncertain. Sometimes, due to the shortage of chipset or raw materials, the plan was forced to be cancelled halfway.

Most of the time, we don’t want to discuss future plan unless it is sure to be achieved, but just a matter of time.

I say it is not accepted now which is the information we have been given by the design and engineering team, but no one would predict the future.

So what I have done is add this to our request spreadsheet that is sent to the product team. 

They review this on a monthly basis and are used to understand and provide customers with what they want. 

I can’t say if it will be updated but it's a step in that direction.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Options
2022-01-21 16:13:05 - last edited 2023-02-14 07:24:23

TP-Link wrote

@LangTamas 

Thank you for coming back.

I do not know too much about coding and I do believe everything is possible.

The future is always uncertain. 

Firstly, Deco is mainly controlled by Deco APP and the smartphone needs to connect to connect to its Wi-Fi for local control.
And the frequently used backhaul for Deco Mesh is also 2.4ghz/5ghz wireless backhaul. Once the wireless backhaul is scheduled to be disabled, satellite Deco units have no access to regain a connection from the main Deco after the schedule, and would stay offline, which would bring more inconvenience.

Mesh routers are quite different from standard routers. 

While I appreciate you showing us a human side behind the screen; one thing that bugs me; is their reasoning. If an entire mesh system loses power and therefore loses Wifi - they are able to connect to each other again without any configuration again once they receive power again. How is not similar? Go ahead and remove the power to your mesh or just the ethernet cables and plug them back in, do they not connect to the mesh again?

Also you state mesh routers aren't the same as standard routers...Here is a mesh router that offers the ability to turn wifi off at night

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-ZenWiFi-AX-Whole-Home-Tri-Band/dp/B081GH8XRS/

Tell your enginners to step their game up

Even though I think the reason they want to turn the wifi off at night is silly, to say the least...

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 2509

Replies: 10