deco units dont switch even with single bar vs full bars

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-03 14:27:26 - last edited 2020-08-07 12:17:28
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 20200709 bulid 49821

i have 3 units installed. one on each floor 

but when i am closer to the unit which has all the bars my phone is jot switching to ap

i have iphone x with os 13 latest

i even disconnect and reconnect but i cant  choose where to connect

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:deco units dont switch even with single bar vs full bars-Solution
2020-08-07 12:17:24 - last edited 2020-08-07 12:17:28

@nadeem2010 

Hello,

The Deco system will recommend the client device to roam to the closest Deco unit when the device is moving around. However, whether to roam or not depends on the device itself.

Some devices may stay connected to the original Deco unit rather than connecting to the closest Deco, possible reasons include the following:
1) The device doesn't support the roaming protocol. Then it won't roam until it disconnects from the Deco unit.
2) The device may regard the signal strength of the current connection is still strong enough and don't want to roam to another Deco unit. It's decided by the roaming threshold which is set by the vendor of the device.

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:deco units dont switch even with single bar vs full bars-Solution
2020-08-07 12:17:24 - last edited 2020-08-07 12:17:28

@nadeem2010 

Hello,

The Deco system will recommend the client device to roam to the closest Deco unit when the device is moving around. However, whether to roam or not depends on the device itself.

Some devices may stay connected to the original Deco unit rather than connecting to the closest Deco, possible reasons include the following:
1) The device doesn't support the roaming protocol. Then it won't roam until it disconnects from the Deco unit.
2) The device may regard the signal strength of the current connection is still strong enough and don't want to roam to another Deco unit. It's decided by the roaming threshold which is set by the vendor of the device.

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 1