Multiple VS Single Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-24 16:17:13 - last edited 2020-10-24 16:19:41
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have just installed my first Powerline Adapters, which comes with 2 extenders, and was initially using them as separate Wi-Fi Networks.
I was then switching the network manually, based on the room I was, to connect to the nearest extender.

Then I followed the instructions about unifying my Wi-Fi networks and sharing the router's SSID and password across the extenders. This worked, so now each of them have the same credentials.

My question is about how this actually works.
Previously I was able to tell to which one I was connected, as it was a manual process, but now there is only 1 network, so I never know if I am in fact getting connected to the closest extender.

Do my devices just see it as a single network, but they actually automatically switch between extenders and main router?

Thanks for any clarification you might give me :)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Multiple VS Single Network
2020-11-11 02:07:39

@Saro_ 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

The devices would detect them as a single network and actually automatically switch between extenders and the main router.

But as for the device that does not support fast roaming, the switch time would be a little longer and sometimes you would notice temporarily disconnection, such as on video streaming.

While for the device which supports fast roaming, the switching would be smooth and you would not notice any change at all;

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 1