Votes

Tapo camera view/control via PC ( windows 10) HELP

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

Tapo camera view/control via PC ( windows 10) HELP

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.
67 Reply
Re:Tapo camera view/control via PC ( windows 10) HELP
2021-10-24 21:50:01 - last edited 2023-01-04 07:14:30

aris67 wrote

hi everyone

tplink tapo in windows 10/11

1. download bluestacks

2.download tp link tapo from Google play store

3. login

4 ready

very easy !!!!

@aris67 can you tell me how to stretch out the video line, can do everything else but this. 

On a phone or tablet we use our fingers, very helpful tool. Thanks 

Options
2021-12-05 12:43:52 - last edited 2023-01-04 07:14:30

@aris67 hi ,

i did every step .and at the step where you add a new device ,after it asking me for enabling the location , it cannot connect to to the device . do you have any idea? I also tried to be connected to the network of my camera. and nothing

Options
2021-12-05 13:38:43 - last edited 2023-01-04 07:14:30

@ittititi 

I TRIED EVERYTHING, DOWNLOADED BLUE-STACKS AND OTHER ANDROID APP PLAYERS DESIGNED TO WORK WITH WINDOWS 10 AND NOTHING WORKED, SO I BOUGHT A GOOGLE HUB AND GOOGLE TV DONGLE, NOW IT COULD NOT BE EASIER, I PICK UP THE CONTROLLER FOR GOOGLE TV AND SAY "CAMERA 1-2-3" AND LIKE MAGIC THEY APPEAR ON MY TV SCREEN, 60INCH PICTURE IN H/D, IT'S LIKE WATCHING A FILM BUT IT'S SET IN MY CAR PARK WITH MY CAR AS THE STAR OF THE SHOW, GOOGLE HUB COST £80 AND THE GOOGLE TV DONGLE COST £40, BUT THEY ARE BOTH ON SPECIAL OFFER IN THE GOOGLE STORE, AS WELL AS WATCHING YOUR SECURITY CAMERA ON YOUR TV YOU GET THE BEST TV STREAMING DEVICE ON THE MARKET I.M.O.

SPECIAL OFFERS IN THE GOOGLE STORE AT THE MOMENT, BOTH COST ABOUT £75 COMBINED, I THINK.

P/S ALL  DEVICES WORK WITH WITH GOOGLE HOME APP,

Options
2021-12-06 12:26:35 - last edited 2023-01-04 07:14:30

@Richard_T123 THIS IS MANOVA , NEED TO CONNECT IN COMPUTER

Options
2021-12-08 10:25:03 - last edited 2023-01-04 07:14:30

Its disappointing that one has to spend more to get a functionality that is typically available in most similar devices, even cheaper ones(v380 for example). If I had known that this feature is not available in this product i would not have bought it. TPlink for me is a good brand, but I am dumbfounded that they had not considered this feature. I just hope the company addresses this concern.  I would warn other potential buyers about this missing feature.

Options
2021-12-23 09:36:38 - last edited 2023-01-04 07:14:30

@Richard_T123 

Hi,

I have the Tapo camera C310.

Having Tapo application on smartphone, I can see the camera and control this. Also I have create an account on TAPO using my email.

But it isn't clear to me how to have access/control on camera remotely via PC or web browser. Is this documented somewhere?

If exists documendation or video please provide this to me.

Using my TAPO account, which I have create on smartphone, In addition, I would like to clarify :

How I could  download Tapo official application for PC and windows10 for remote access and control?

How I could access and control the camera remotrly via web broser oe wen app?

Options
2021-12-23 10:50:40 - last edited 2023-01-04 07:14:30

Best advice is you want to view the camera on a windows PC is, if its not to late, is to take the camera back to the retailer as "not fit for purpose"  and get another camera from a different manufacturer

Options
Re:Tapo camera view/control via PC ( windows 10) HELP-Solution
2021-12-25 13:43:38 - last edited 2023-01-04 07:14:30

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for your feedback and sharing multiple ways to stream camera ,  asTapo camera supports RTSP and ONVIF (Profile S) protocol, and here we would like to make a summary of some workaround  to stream  camera on a PC: 

1. Stream Camera via RTSP using  third party app like VLC Player or ONVIF software like iSpy, ONVIF Device Manager etc. 

• RTSP is for streaming camera streaming
  • ONVIF is for control or manage the camera, software supports ONVIF also uses RTSP for streaming

How can I play an RTSP live stream of my Tapo camera

• ONVIF Service Port: 2020
  • RTSP Service Port: 554

• RTSP URL : rtsp:// camera IP Address:554/stream1
  • ONVIF URL: http://camera IP Address:2020/onvif/device_service

e.g. rtsp://192.168.0.118 :554/stream1 

<  copy and paste the URL and replace the camera IP with your own camera IP address on Tapo APP>

2. Use an Android Emulator like Blue stack/ LDplayer4 to stream and control camera, here is guide shared by forum user

Stream Tapo Camera on PC through Android Emulator : LDPlay4 vs Bluestack

3. Stream Camera through Amazon or Google Smart Displays

Amazon/ Google smart display is required like : Amazon Echo Show, Echo spot, Fire TV  OR Google home hub, TV with built-in Chromecast, etc.

Alexa: How to make my Tapo device (smart plug, smart camera, smart lighting) work with Amazon Alexa

Google: How to connect my Tapo device (smart plug, smart camera, smart lighting) to Google Home

4. Stream Camera Remotely on PC 

1) Android Emulator is recommended 

2) through RTSP streaming,  you will need to open the port ( Port 554 for rtsp,  Port 2020 ) for tapo camera's IP on your home router first

In this way, if there is any firewall or gateway in front of your router network, you will need to contact ISP to get a real public IP address.

If you met some trouble when using the above method, please start a new thread with case details , attach a photo of error, so we could help look into that further.

Welcome to share more apps/ ways that you are currently using to stream or control camera, we will keep this thread updated, thank you.

More Articles:

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-12-25 14:41:25 - last edited 2023-01-04 07:14:30

@Solla-topee 

Using an android emulator is a cop out, and doesnt always work.

How do you view the output on a windows PC that for various reasons can not run an android emulator and is on a remote network that is not the same as, or away from the cameras home network? 

Answer the above

@Solla-topee  I look forward to hearing the solution to that, the original information in a post  frm a representative of TP link said this was coming soon - that was over a year ago

Options
2021-12-27 12:00:41 - last edited 2023-01-04 07:14:30

Hello Richard, @Richard_T123 

After double-checking with the related team recently, I was told there isn't an ongoing or planned project for Tapo PC software after the comprehensive evaluation. One of the causes is that  that would be a big implement covered different product models and R&D has limited resources, our engineer are working on other projects to improve or develop Tapo product line. We currently suggest trying some workaround listed above to stream camera. What I will do is to keep gathering feedback here for further evaluation regularly. Thank you for your feedback and always support on the forum, I appreciate for your understanding. 

Options