TL-WPA4220 well-connected but can't access internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-06 12:37:47 - last edited 2020-08-06 12:42:17
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: wpa4220v4_jp-up-ver4-0-1-P1-20190326-rel47095-APPLC

Hello,

I connected, and paired my WPA4220-KIT devices. All lights (power, wifi, lan) are showing green. I can connect to the network with any of my devices via wifi or wired cable. The utilities show 200mbps in the same room, or 70mbps in the target room. I can ping my modem and access its browser config utility. 

However, I cannot access websites. This seems to be purely a DNS issue. If I am already on the website via my regular wifi, and I switch to the TP-Link network, I can continue browsing. I can even continue streaming HD video. Any new website I try to connect to, however, gives DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN or _NO_INTERNET in Chrome. None of my applications (Discord etc) will find an internet connection. 

I have tried the following:

-Place both devices in the same room.

-Factory reset both devices.

-Update devices to latest firmware.

-Reboot modem (waiting 20 seconds between power-off and power-on).

-Flush DNS cache.

-Restart DNS service.

-Manually set DNS to cloudflare and google's DNS services.

-Disable IPV6 (as I can't find any IPV6 config options in the applications).

-Reboot computer(s) multiple times.

-Try many different power points.

-Plug the wall adaptor directly into the modem LAN port.

-Plug the wall adaptor into the wifi switch that connects to the modem.

Again, these devices are well connected, showing high speeds and no dropouts. The issue is purely that although they can access my modem and other devices on the internet, and although they can stream HD video via established connections, they are unable to resolve hostnames or connect to new IP addresses. 

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 well-connected but can't access internet
2020-08-11 12:42:39

@ElliottMark please check the data rates by tpPLC and please inform me that is normal or wrong...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 966

Replies: 1

Related Articles