iPad disconnects from powerline WiFi adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-12 14:20:43

I recently bought TP link AV600 powerline/WiFi adapters. 1 plugs into router and I have the extenders at 2 different points around the house. They've both been paired and the WiFi SSID/password has been cloned to both extenders. My router transmits dual band WiFi. I understand the extenders only transmit at 2.4GHz. My iPad connects to WiFi with no problems all around the house, both 2.4 and 5 ghz. BUT....when I lock the iPad and it sleeps (standby), it will not pick up WiFi to receive any messages that were sent to it. Only when you wake up the iPad does it reconnect and the messages arrive. This ONLY happens when the 2 extenders are on. If you switch them off and only the router is transmitting, the iPad stays connnected to WiFi even when asleep and receives all messages. Any ideas? Please help. It's driving me crazy :)

Options
1 Reply
Re:iPad disconnects from powerline WiFi adapters
2020-08-24 06:36:25

@Jimmy80 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

For your case, have you tested on the smartphone to see if it is on the standby mode, would it be able to get any push notification?

And is your model number TL-WPA4220KIT?

Please try to turn off the power saving mode on the main adapter TL-PA4010 to see if that made any difference?

Such as: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2018/

Thank you very much!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 1

Related Articles