C4000 and Foxtel IQ4 WIFI Connection Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-16 23:33:12 - last edited 2020-08-21 05:52:37
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

We supply and install NBN services across Australia and I’ve been using the C4000 and AX6000 range for some time now.

For some time, I’ve been seeing issues with the C4000 and the ability for some WIFI devices to stay connected

Most recently I’ve been working with a client after installing their NBN FTTC service.

We are finding the Foxtel IQ4 box is constantly losing connections to the C4000. They simply will not hold after period of time. When connected the streaming works perfectly. Ther user has to reconnect manually again

While I see the Foxtel IQ4 has its own issues with WIFI I’d like to bring to your attention these issues and seek your support in trying to determine once and for all if the C4000 is the cause of the problems or not

I need to prove to Foxtel that their IQ4 may well be the problem.

We are not seeing any other issues with any other devices that connect via WIFI so yes the finger does point to the Foxtel IQ4 boxes

If any other users are seeing these issues please let me know

PS Ive changed nearly every setting I can related to WIFI for all frequencies

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C4000 and Foxtel IQ4 WIFI Connection Issues-Solution
2020-08-21 05:52:17 - last edited 2020-08-21 05:52:37

@MicroThin 

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue to the community.

If only his Foxtel IQ4 box encounters the disconnect issue with C4000 but other clients are working fine, it is suggested to refer to the below article to confirm and modify some basic settings on the C4000 as well as on his box:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588

But if nothing makes a difference, please help confirm some details:

1. What is the detailed disconnect phenomenon when the Foxtel IQ4 box disconnects, does it lose the connection, or does it still show connected but just cannot do streaming? He may confirm if there is still an IP address on his Foxtel IQ4 box first.

2. How about the distance between the Foxtel IQ4 box and the C4000, is it connected via 2.4GHz or 5GHz? If possible, try to move them closer to each other.

3. How much bandwidth did he pay for his internet? Is the wireless connection speed normal on other clients? How about on this Foxtel IQ4 box?

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:C4000 and Foxtel IQ4 WIFI Connection Issues-Solution
2020-08-21 05:52:17 - last edited 2020-08-21 05:52:37

@MicroThin 

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue to the community.

If only his Foxtel IQ4 box encounters the disconnect issue with C4000 but other clients are working fine, it is suggested to refer to the below article to confirm and modify some basic settings on the C4000 as well as on his box:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588

But if nothing makes a difference, please help confirm some details:

1. What is the detailed disconnect phenomenon when the Foxtel IQ4 box disconnects, does it lose the connection, or does it still show connected but just cannot do streaming? He may confirm if there is still an IP address on his Foxtel IQ4 box first.

2. How about the distance between the Foxtel IQ4 box and the C4000, is it connected via 2.4GHz or 5GHz? If possible, try to move them closer to each other.

3. How much bandwidth did he pay for his internet? Is the wireless connection speed normal on other clients? How about on this Foxtel IQ4 box?

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1426

Replies: 1

Related Articles