Archer AX10 (EU) internet signal lost

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-17 13:43:30 - last edited 2020-08-18 08:56:22
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Dear all,

Bought myself this Archer AX10 as additional switch and wifi access point.

First tried it the "normal" way.

My main/incoming router has IP 192.168.178.1, with DHCP range from 10 to 254.

Have set the ARCHER AX10 to a fixed IP address of 192.168.178.5 (below the DHCP range) and switched the DHCP off. AX10 is connected with CAT cable to incoming router.

Unit is runnig fine, but sometimes (1x a day sometimes 5x a day) the internet signal is totally lost until i reset the main incoming router.

Have left the AX10 out of the network and then no further issues with the network, so suspect some settings are incorrect in the AX10. 

After searching the internet I found this video and followed the instructions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHCdf5eRnf0).

Then it ran for almost 24 hours without problems and I thought the issue was solved, but unfortunately not. It started giving a conflict somewhere and my whole internet signal was lost again. Removed the AX10 from the network and installed a simple switch (without wifi) and now network is stable. I am however missig the extra wifi feature I had planned.

What did I do wrong?

Anyone having suggestions what might be going wrong? I am not a network guru so I hope I can reply to your questions

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX10 (EU) internet signal lost-Solution
2020-08-18 08:55:55 - last edited 2020-08-18 08:56:22

@jmn75 

Hello,

Please confirm some details and we will try to fix it:

1. What is the network layout, is it modem-main router-AX10 (AP mode)?

2. Refer to the below instructions to reconfigure the AX10 to make it work an Access Point, and change its LAN IP address to 192.168.178.2:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1384/  (Case 2)

3. If the internet stops working again, please confirm whether the devices connected to the wireless network of the AX10 still get a correct IP address, try to ping the main router and the internet:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

BTW, what is the model number of your main router?

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer AX10 (EU) internet signal lost-Solution
2020-08-18 08:55:55 - last edited 2020-08-18 08:56:22

@jmn75 

Hello,

Please confirm some details and we will try to fix it:

1. What is the network layout, is it modem-main router-AX10 (AP mode)?

2. Refer to the below instructions to reconfigure the AX10 to make it work an Access Point, and change its LAN IP address to 192.168.178.2:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1384/  (Case 2)

3. If the internet stops working again, please confirm whether the devices connected to the wireless network of the AX10 still get a correct IP address, try to ping the main router and the internet:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

BTW, what is the model number of your main router?

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer AX10 (EU) internet signal lost
2020-08-18 14:42:33

@Kevin_Z 

1: 

AX10 is not the main router. I have a main router (brand Arris or Compal; technically almost the same). This router is called the connection box and I will keep naming it this way, to give some clarity.

The connection box is connected to the internet and provides LAN and WIFI signal. From there a LAN cable goes to the attic where my desktop PC is. I also have a network printer there and nowadays also my work laptop. Signal of the wifi is not too strong here, so have a switch there to connect all 3 users.Changed the switch for the AX10 to be able to have stronger WIFI signal.

2: Will try this guide.

3: All i know is that when the internet stops, all users no longer have internet (not over LAN, not over WIFI). Provider is also not able to reach the connection box upon an error. Only after reset of the connection box all internet starts up again. Provider see no error in their network from the distribution box in the street towards my connection box. Also an enginer has already dropped by and no issues found.

4: archer AX10, AX1500 Wifi 6 router; firmware 1.0.8 build 20200706 REL 7658(4555).

Options
2020-08-19 01:21:35

@jmn75 

Thanks for all the details, please try my previous suggestions to reconfigure the AX10 to work as an AP again and confirm if it will make any difference.

Let me know if there is still an issue, good day.

Options
2020-08-24 13:45:59

@Kevin_Z 

Have used the operator mode option and left everything untouched (only SSID password changed).

Did not insert a fixed IP address and also did not stop the DHCP generating.

For now the system seems to be stable, but offcourse the TP LINK router now uses a different IP address setup. Attic desktop PC and printer are on the same router and so printing over network is working, but cant get to install the printer on another computer (possibly due to the fact that it looks like I have 2 different networks).

Should I configure the TP LINK router with a fixed IP address and uncheck the DHCP?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1244

Replies: 4