Deco M5 Port Forwarding not working? (Setting up a Java Minecraft Server)

2020-08-26 15:41:13 - last edited 2020-08-27 01:09:35
Model: Deco M5
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.4 Build 20191012 Rel. 52072

So I am setting up a Java Minecraft server from my computer, I have confirmed it is working and I am currently attempting to Port Forward it.

I used the Deco app to port forward however it appears that the port forwarding still is not working. I am using the following settings:
Service Type: Custom

Service Name: Server

Internal IP: (Set to machine)

Internal and External port: 25565

Protocol: All

Despite this, it would appear the port forwarding still isn't working. I am using a Windows 10 desktop computer. Any help?

{I have been told that the router firewall might be blocking the connection but I do not know how to access it if it exists either.}

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 Port Forwarding not working? (Setting up a Java Minecraft Server)-Solution
2020-08-27 01:09:30 - last edited 2020-08-27 01:09:35

@Yuukikonno08 

Hi,

What is the WAN/Internet IP address of the Deco M5?

Please use the computer in the same network to do the tests below and tell us the results.

A. Use LAN IP+port to test if the Java Minecraft Server can be accessed from LAN;

B. Use WAN IP+port on LAN PC to test if the port is opened.

Meanwhile, please disable the firewall and anti-virus software on the computer. 

BTW, please tell us the detailed network layout, how is this server connected in the Deco network.

Any updates, just let us know. 

Best Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Port Forwarding not working? (Setting up a Java Minecraft Server)-Solution
2020-08-27 01:09:30 - last edited 2020-08-27 01:09:35

@Yuukikonno08 

Hi,

What is the WAN/Internet IP address of the Deco M5?

Please use the computer in the same network to do the tests below and tell us the results.

A. Use LAN IP+port to test if the Java Minecraft Server can be accessed from LAN;

B. Use WAN IP+port on LAN PC to test if the port is opened.

Meanwhile, please disable the firewall and anti-virus software on the computer. 

BTW, please tell us the detailed network layout, how is this server connected in the Deco network.

Any updates, just let us know. 

Best Solution
Options