Deco M5 Port Forwarding not working? (Setting up a Java Minecraft Server)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-26 15:41:13 - last edited 2022-02-22 09:33:07
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.4 Build 20191012 Rel. 52072

So I am setting up a Java Minecraft server from my computer, I have confirmed it is working and I am currently attempting to Port Forward it.

I used the Deco app to port forward however it appears that the port forwarding still is not working. I am using the following settings:
Service Type: Custom

Service Name: Server

Internal IP: (Set to machine)

Internal and External port: 25565

Protocol: All

Despite this, it would appear the port forwarding still isn't working. I am using a Windows 10 desktop computer. Any help?

{I have been told that the router firewall might be blocking the connection but I do not know how to access it if it exists either.}

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 Port Forwarding not working? (Setting up a Java Minecraft Server)-Solution
2022-02-22 09:32:55 - last edited 2022-02-22 09:33:07

@Jlmoss 

Welcome to the community.

Sorry for the delay.

Please refer to this link to get more suggestions:[Troubleshooting] Cannot open ports on Deco

I believe your case is similar to the last situation and please help me check the required information on the post.

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Port Forwarding not working? (Setting up a Java Minecraft Server)
2020-08-27 01:09:30 - last edited 2022-02-22 09:30:28

@Yuukikonno08 

Hi,

What is the WAN/Internet IP address of the Deco M5?

Please use the computer in the same network to do the tests below and tell us the results.

A. Use LAN IP+port to test if the Java Minecraft Server can be accessed from LAN;

B. Use WAN IP+port on LAN PC to test if the port is opened.

Meanwhile, please disable the firewall and anti-virus software on the computer. 

BTW, please tell us the detailed network layout, how is this server connected in the Deco network.

Any updates, just let us know. 

Options
Re:Deco M5 Port Forwarding not working? (Setting up a Java Minecraft Server)
2022-02-17 11:28:47

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi, I just wanted to revive this thread as I've encountered the same issue ... the porftwarding seems to be operational on the DECO app, working also via LAN (with the same settings as the OP) but does not work via WAN! How can I fix this issue? All Antiviruses/Firewalls have been disabled on my computer and I'm still facing the same issue ... thanks! :)

Options
Re:Deco M5 Port Forwarding not working? (Setting up a Java Minecraft Server)-Solution
2022-02-22 09:32:55 - last edited 2022-02-22 09:33:07

@Jlmoss 

Welcome to the community.

Sorry for the delay.

Please refer to this link to get more suggestions:[Troubleshooting] Cannot open ports on Deco

I believe your case is similar to the last situation and please help me check the required information on the post.

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4565

Replies: 3

Related Articles