Cannot open ports on Deco 9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot open ports on Deco 9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
30 Reply
Re:Cannot open ports on Deco 9
2022-02-21 17:13:22

@Kamleman Just to plus one. Having the same issues. Port forwarding is set up, but ports aren't open.

Trying the above steps to see if I can get it going. 

Definitely irksome.

Options
[Troubleshooting] Cannot open ports on Deco-Solution
2022-02-22 09:21:50 - last edited 2022-08-03 08:26:52

Hi, If you have any issues about port forwarding or the opened ports are still closed, the following suggestions will provide you with some guidance.

1. Failed to configure port forwarding.
First, please refer to this link-How to set up Port Forwarding feature on the Deco? for the detailed configuration guide of port forwarding.
Then the following situations are what we have received from the users,

• The device is not on the “Select from Device” list.

Please check whether the server is used a static IP address. If yes, please change it to DHCP

Most of the time, Devices, such as NAS, NVR, Virtual Box, and PI-Hole are usually set up with static IP addresses, instead of DHCP, if you do not use to use DHCP, this link would provide a workaround.

Forward port to missing device

• Some error messages pop out during the configuration.

The troubleshooting depends on the error code and please comment below with a screenshot of your error message.

2. Port forwarding is set up correctly, but ports aren't open.

• First, please check whether you have a public IP address under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4.

If this IP is a private address, you might have a double NAT issue and the port is blocked by the ISP gateway.
The available solutions are:

1. Set up Deco as an access point under Deco APP>More>Advanced>Operation mode;

2. Open the same port for Deco on the ISP gateway.

• Check the firewall settings on the server.

Windows firewall will block the connection from the different subnet, and it will divide the difference according to the network location you have chosen.

Please refer to this link to check whether you have a public IPV4 address and the LAN server is on the Public network profile:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/785/

If the IPV4 IP is a public IP address, the configuration has no obvious mistakes, your case needs to be under further analysis, please comment below with the following details:

1.Please make sure UPNP disabled under Deco APP>More>Advanced.

2. Which ports did you wish to open? For which local devices?
3. Are you able to access this server via the same port on a local client?
4. How did you find out the port is still closed?

---If you have enabled TP-Link DDNS, except testing via the DDNS, please also test whether the server is accessible remotely via WAN IP address.

We do need more cases to complete the troubleshooting guides and please let me know which one is quite similar to your case, and if any of the suggestions works.
Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-02-22 09:26:31

@John_W 

Hi, I think your case might be similar to the last situation here in the Recommended Solution.

Could you please check the required information on the post?

Options
2022-02-22 17:01:37
Thanks! So went through the above, plus the other solutions. Not sure what the right combo was, but. restarted/re-signed into the screensharing tool across devices. Changed internal IP structure as mentioned above. Turned off ignore WAN Pings, and cleared out all existing IP reservations and port maps. Seems to be working, letting it all run through UPNP.
Options
2022-02-23 07:39:50

Second chime in, I'm talking to TP-Link support. There should be no reason why they don't open as they open fine on another router.

I've had to switch to using UPnP in order to get the ports open. Firmware needs work..

Options
[Troubleshooting] Cannot open ports on Deco (for Minecraft)
2022-05-11 04:30:21

@TP-Link 

I have tried everything. I have looked at all the threads and done anything I can. One thing I am not very sure about is how to open the same port through the ISP gateway. I am 99% sure that it is a private IP address, but I would not like to switch to an access point because I would like parental controls. Everything else however, I have done and nothing works.

Options
2022-05-11 07:57:28

@laing 

Hi, as for opening ports on the ISP gateway, I am afraid you need to have a search for the gateway manual.

May I know the port is used for which device?

For some game servers, you could try to enable the UPNP and it will automatically open the needed ports.

best regards.

Options
2022-05-11 22:38:56

@David-TP 

The port is 25565, which is the default port for Minecraft servers. I am using a private IP address for it. I have already enabled the UPNP and it hasn't worked. And I'm not really sure what you mean when you say "searching for the gateway manual".

Options
2022-05-12 20:36:00
Options
2022-05-13 09:49:13 - last edited 2022-05-13 09:54:01

@laing 

Sorry, I mean if you already opened the port and enabled UPNP on Deco, the Minecraft server is still unavailable from WAN, since you have a private IP address on Deco, you might need to contact the gateway support to see whether they could help you open the same port on the gateway.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Options

Tags

Related Articles