Connection issues and very poor VPN connection performance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-31 15:15:13
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200727 Rel. 49069

I purchased and installed a Deco E4R 3-pack to overcome a myraid of wireless network issues and enjoyed near flawless performance from them over the last 6 weeks - until the recent firmware update which has returned our network performance to pre-Deco performance levels. In short, I've so sorry I upgraded, I'm dealing with the same disconnects and poor wifi performance that I had before purchasing the Deco. I've tested the new firmware issues both as an Access Point (our original configuration) and as a Router and both seem to suffer from connection issues, especially if the wifi client is connect to a VPN (both MacBook and AmazonTV 4k FireSticks have severe wifi performance issues if they are connected to a VPN. The previous firmware had no such issues and worked very well as both a router and access point. Is it possible to downgrade to the previous version? Or is this a known issue with a beta firmware available to fix it?

Thank you,

Justin

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection issues and very poor VPN connection performance
2020-09-02 06:32:34

@justin75 

Hello, sorry that the current firmware doesn't allow to be downgraded to the previous version, but we can do some troubleshooting first to locate the issue so that we can try to fix it later. Please help confirm the below details:

1. What is the current network diagram/layout?
2. What is the LED status of the Deco E4 when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?

3. At that time, with a computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access the internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

4. If still the same, please connect the computer to the modem, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works. 
5. Besides, you can try to relocate them and swap the locations of Deco units.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 962

Replies: 1

Related Articles