Archer AX50 internet connectivity dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX50 internet connectivity dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 internet connectivity dropping
2020-09-10 10:43:41

@UncleTomCobbly 

Hi 

The current firmware version on this website is 200426 v1 , which does not work on the ring fence "white list" of connected items, which all drop connection.

The last version that works without too  much problem is Jan 20 !

Where did you get your version of the firmware for AX50 Router  ?

Regards 

RP

Options
2020-09-10 10:59:29

Hi @Tweakfiend,

Firmware was updated through the router web UI 'check for update' function.

Options
2020-09-16 02:02:41

UPDATE: I've given up and returned the AX50.  I'm now back on my basic ISP provided router, which doesn't give the Parental Controls that I found really useful on the AX50, but it does give me a consistent and reliable internet connection for all my devices without falling over every day!

If anyone does manage to get to the bottom of this issue, though, I'd be really interested to understand the fix.

Options
2020-10-07 15:40:52

@UncleTomCobbly 

I have the same problem with Archer C7.

In general, TP-Link routers all seems have the same problems..

But, I can unplug and plug back the cable to the WAN port to recover.

Just wondering why TP-Link comes up with a recovery solution that disable/enable the WAN side and leave a log..

Probably, the engineering side is no longer actively support customer.

Arthur

Options
2022-01-17 06:29:28

@UncleTomCobbly 

Hi Tom.

The problem is usually caused by tge main router or isp supplied router and tge ax50 attached as a secondary.

In the ax50 network settings and Internet set tge dns to be the ip of tge gateway as well.

Another way to set a different dns is to set the ax50 to static on the isp router and turn off its dhcp.

I'm with sky so they don't allow you to change dns on there routers. The router serves up a dns as it asigns the ip. This creates conflict with Internet on the ax50 if you set another dns.

On the ax50 under dhcp you can assign a dns there too so all devices that connect will ignore the Internet dns settings. 

Best solution around though turn off dhcp on your isp"s router and set the dns on the ax59 to what you want.  This works for me a treat.

PJ
Options
2022-02-04 18:33:01

@UncleTomCobbly

Dear All,

Not only yours model, my AX73 also have the same problem.

That should be manufacturer defects and TP link refuse to recall all their poor products.

I swear  won't be TPlink any more.

Options
Related Articles