_EXT SSID after extender added to my network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-08 23:59:05 - last edited 2020-09-11 02:44:37
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Added a RE205 and two TLWA855RE's to my network a SSID with the extension _EXT was created during the setup process when ever it highjacks the WI-FI my devices all indicate NO INTERNET AVAILABLE. When I cancel the _EXT SSID and activate the SSID I've always used my devices are happy. So what is the _EXT SSID used for? Do I have to reprogram all of the devices in my network to recognize the _EXT SSID?  Which one of my SSID'S  should be the active SSID? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:_EXT SSID after extender added to my network-Solution
2020-09-11 02:44:10 - last edited 2020-09-11 02:44:37

@WILSMAN2 

Good day.

Just want to sure, are you trying to say, if you did not copy the host SSID, and leave RE as _EXT SSID, there would be no internet; once you copy the SSID to the same, they are all working fine?

(normally, we will leave the extender network as host SSID_EXT to separate it from the previous router network. )

Thank you very much!

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:_EXT SSID after extender added to my network-Solution
2020-09-11 02:44:10 - last edited 2020-09-11 02:44:37

@WILSMAN2 

Good day.

Just want to sure, are you trying to say, if you did not copy the host SSID, and leave RE as _EXT SSID, there would be no internet; once you copy the SSID to the same, they are all working fine?

(normally, we will leave the extender network as host SSID_EXT to separate it from the previous router network. )

Thank you very much!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2418

Replies: 1

Related Articles