[Urgent cry for help] Deco 9 Don't make the right choice between WiFi and Backhaul PLC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Urgent cry for help] Deco 9 Don't make the right choice between WiFi and Backhaul PLC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-11 10:34:59
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200513 Rel. 52023

Hey there,

Due to COVID I'm working from home and heavily relient on a stable internet connection.

I bought the P9 since it has a PLC connection which is needed in an Edwardian house in the UK (notoriously bad for wireless signals). 

The devices keep trying to connect to each other via WiFi depite it yeilding a 2/3Mbps at best, while the PLC yields 50Mbps.

A - is there a way to force it to use PLC? 

B - can you please PLEASE improve the algorithm that chooses which connection to rely on?

Thanks! Ran 

Options
1 Reply
Re:[Urgent cry for help] Deco 9 Don't make the right choice between WiFi and Backhaul PLC
2020-09-25 12:05:47

@TPuser7 

Hello, sorry that there is no option on the Deco app to force the P9 to use PLC backhaul.

Please help confirm some details and we will try to figure it out:
1. May I have your detailed network topology/layout? What’s the operation mode of the Deco? On the Deco APP, please tap “More “on the bottom right corner then go to “Advanced”, where you will see the working mode.
2. Do you mean the Deco units always switch to Wi-Fi backhaul instead of PLC backhaul? is there a switch in the network? Please ensure that the P9 units are plugged into the wall socket directly but not to power extensions or try to relocate them.

Thanks~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 208

Replies: 1

Related Articles