Range Extender RE305 perceived dropped signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-16 03:58:39
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I wish I had read all the comments on this product before purchasing. The dropped / unavailable signal issues are not easy to fix. To my view it seems that you either pick up your internet connection from EITHER the modem OR the Range Extender. I have to manually switch , then it works. Please print ths on the quick set up page or the box. It still is an unsecured connection if you use the extender so for me the product will not be suitable. The fix for the security issue is complex and a put off for the normal user. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range Extender RE305 perceived dropped signal
2020-09-21 11:01:11

@a.wilding 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Did you mean when you move from the router’s wireless range to the extender’s, the connection does not roam( or switch) itself, and you have to manually switch the SSID?

As for the second security issue, is your device IOS 14.0? and once it connects to the extender’s WIFI,  it would report weak security?

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 347

Replies: 1

Related Articles