Can TP Link AV 200 *connect* via WiFi and provide by cable (rather than the other way around)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can TP Link AV 200 *connect* via WiFi and provide by cable (rather than the other way around)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-20 16:34:49 - last edited 2020-09-23 02:44:16
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello :). I own an older model of wireless powerline extender that is not listed in the model list:WPA2220 Kit (it features the AV 200 module).

Initially, I was plugging a cable in it from the Router. And then I had the other unit in another room.

But now, what I want, is for it to connect to the Router via WiFi, get internet from the Router and access it in another room via cable. So, basically, the other way around :). 

But upon checking the setup page of the unit (via the browser), I don't see any way for it to connect to an existing WiFi. 

Are there any other TP Link models that can do such a thing?

Thank you for reading this! :) 

I give back to you by writing for free: www.mentatul.com And making software for free: www.github.com/Kyliathy
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can TP Link AV 200 *connect* via WiFi and provide by cable (rather than the other way around)-Solution
2020-09-23 02:44:08 - last edited 2020-09-23 02:44:16

@Axonn 

Good day.

Do you have the TL-WPA281KIT?

If yes, For the TL-WPA281 kit, it has TL-PA2010(no Wi-Fi ability), TL-WPA281 with Wi-Fi ability;

The default connection would be:

Router--<cable>--TL-PA2010~~~~<power-line>~~~~TL-WPA281-----<provide Wi-Fi and two Ethernet connections >---for end users;

So do you want to :

Router ) ) Wi-Fi( ( TL-WPA281~~~~<power-line>~~~~TL-PA2010---<cable>--end users?

If yes, the 2nd connection is not supported;

And there is another series products that you could have a look: Range Extenders:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/range-extender/

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can TP Link AV 200 *connect* via WiFi and provide by cable (rather than the other way around)
2020-09-22 09:11:48

@Axonn Do these not have selectable uplink? For alternatives, I know for a fact that AVM's Powerline WiFi adapters have that ability. Uplink to the main router can be on WLAN, LAN, or Powerline.

Options
Re:Can TP Link AV 200 *connect* via WiFi and provide by cable (rather than the other way around)-Solution
2020-09-23 02:44:08 - last edited 2020-09-23 02:44:16

@Axonn 

Good day.

Do you have the TL-WPA281KIT?

If yes, For the TL-WPA281 kit, it has TL-PA2010(no Wi-Fi ability), TL-WPA281 with Wi-Fi ability;

The default connection would be:

Router--<cable>--TL-PA2010~~~~<power-line>~~~~TL-WPA281-----<provide Wi-Fi and two Ethernet connections >---for end users;

So do you want to :

Router ) ) Wi-Fi( ( TL-WPA281~~~~<power-line>~~~~TL-PA2010---<cable>--end users?

If yes, the 2nd connection is not supported;

And there is another series products that you could have a look: Range Extenders:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/range-extender/

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 372

Replies: 2

Related Articles