bug: KC200 No live video in the Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-23 12:47:42
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.1

This is the second time my camera stop to present live video in the Kasa app.

It's only showing the latest working video view. Today I can see a picture from last night.

The camera is connected to the cloud and I can go to the setting and change different things.

I'm also triggered a motion someway in the app, but the record is from last night 

It would be very nice to have a reboot button in the app to do a real restart of the camera.

It's hard for me to restart it manually, because I need to drive for 4 hr to get to my cabin.

Last time It hanged a restart did the work. 

Why not possibility to reboot ? I have it on my router Archer MR600 and I use sometime to resolve different problems.

Possible problem, my thought.

1. The WiFi, not so good signal strength.

2. Firmware update, when is the firmware updated? no clue. Need 1 more restart?

3. The outside temperature, this night it was below -7.5 Celsius

But a restart fixed it last time, unplugged the cable.

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:bug: KC200 No live video in the Kasa app
2020-10-27 03:29:39

@mblom 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Could you please provide more details that the camera stopped to present live video and It's only showing the latest working video view?

Do you mean the live-view on KC200 is not accessible, such as the live-view screen Is blank or camera showed offline during live-view?

Or the motion detection sometimes did not work properly?

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
2020-10-27 08:19:01

@Brook 

Hi,

Yes the live-video was not accessible, it present a kind of picture of the latest working live video.

And when I tried to click/update the picture it blurs and it tries to update/access the live video, but it fails.

And some times when i mixed with the settings it tell me that it was a motion, but the record was an old one.

I have mixed with my network, restart my router and blocked 5 GHz forth and back. But no luck.

So yes, everything seems to work except the live-video/camera.

I can only try to get it to work from distance, because it's at my cabin and I have 4 hours of drive.

But this morning I got a SMS from my energy provider that my cabin have a power failure.

Now, the power is back and the camera is working again. That's why I think it should be an option to hard-restart the camera. 

Thanks!

Options
2020-12-02 09:15:58 - last edited 2020-12-02 09:17:06

@Brook 

Now the same problem -15C degrees this night and the live video stopped working this morning,

but accessible from the cloud/app. Why not have possibility to reboot it??

This summer I didn't have any problem so I think it have something with the temperature.

Options
2020-12-03 08:43:43

@mblom 

Good day,

The Operating Temperature of KC200 is -20°C~43°C (-4°F~109.4°F).

So normally it should work well around -15C degrees.

As for the rebooting schedule, we have reported to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

Currently, maybe you could consider using a smart plug to power on the camera;

and we could set up a rebooting schedule to remotely power on and off the plug in order to reboot the camera;

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 733

Replies: 4