TL-WA855RE - First time setup stalls at FINISH button at the end. Unsuccessful configuration.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WA855RE - First time setup stalls at FINISH button at the end. Unsuccessful configuration.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-25 15:00:49 - last edited 2020-10-26 01:40:49
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Build 20171206 Rel. 62873(EU)

Problem: I'm using my Windows 10 PC to configure the extender by visiting http://tplinkrepeater.net/.

Initial Configuration of new extender:

Firmware: 1.0.0 Build 20140414 Rel. 64157, Hardware version: TL-WA855RE v1.0

Configuration is simple enough and I could reach till the end of it where there's a button "Finish" to save the configuration.

The problem is that after pressing "finish", the system hangs/stalls and never comes out, meaning the configuration is not done.

This can be verified after I refresh the page and the new configuration is not seen. Done this procedure 3 times, but same result.

Then I tried upgrading the firmware and downloaded and installed the latest on V1 series - TL-WA855RE(EU_UK_FR_US_AU_BR_ES)_V2_180509.

Now the extender has this firmware - 

Firmware: 1.0.0 Build 20171206 Rel. 62873 (EU), Hardware version: TL-WA855RE v1.0

Which seems to be a "BETA" version, but as that was the latest, tried upgrading the firmware which was successful.

With the new version also, the FINISH button doesn't come out and browser hangs for infinite time.

I tried upgrading firmware to V2 to V5 versions - but got a checksum error.

Don't know what to do now, the unit seems to be non-functional.

Can you please help.

PawanN
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WA855RE - First time setup stalls at FINISH button at the end. Unsuccessful configuration. -Solution
2020-10-26 01:40:42 - last edited 2020-10-26 01:40:49

@PawanN 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

May I know how long have you had the TL-WA855RE?

Have you tried to change the different browser to set it up again to see if there is any finish button?

If still not, please refer to the following suggestions:

Please go to settings>wireless> connect to network>wireless scanner;

(please do remember to click the save button)

Thanks a lot

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA855RE - First time setup stalls at FINISH button at the end. Unsuccessful configuration. -Solution
2020-10-26 01:40:42 - last edited 2020-10-26 01:40:49

@PawanN 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

May I know how long have you had the TL-WA855RE?

Have you tried to change the different browser to set it up again to see if there is any finish button?

If still not, please refer to the following suggestions:

Please go to settings>wireless> connect to network>wireless scanner;

(please do remember to click the save button)

Thanks a lot

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 810

Replies: 1