Deco is not getting signal source from the nearest Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-31 04:37:57 - last edited 2021-01-25 08:48:11
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289

Hi,

I just setup my 3-unit Deco M4 with the layout shown below.

My Hallway Deco is not getting signal source from Room, but it get from the Main Deco which is further away.

The signal strength from Main Deco is worse than the signal from Room.

Is there anyway that can force the Hallway Deco getting signal from Room Deco?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco is not getting signal source from the nearest Deco-Solution
2021-01-26 12:20:59 - last edited 2022-02-16 06:44:42

@mavericktan 

Hi, All, 

Please reach to the following link for more details:

Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco

When will 1.6.0 be released for the Deco

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
36 Reply
Re:Deco is not getting signal source from the nearest Deco
2020-10-31 10:59:43

same issue here with M9 +, doesn't make sense and needs to be fixed.

Options
2020-12-28 20:37:31

Same problem. No sense but this "wifi mesh" solution because iit is not a real mesh.

Options
2020-12-30 03:41:12 - last edited 2022-02-16 06:43:29

@KarlaJ 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

It is planned to add the option to manually choose the backhaul Deco in the later firmware upgrade.

And currently, you could turn off the farthest Deco and only leave these two Decos, once they are linked up, then power back the previous Deco;

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options
2021-01-01 16:41:51

@mavericktan

Same problem here. Makes no sense. Not a true mesh system. I've just bought 3x X60 and spent nearly £400 in it. But it really doesn't do what it's supposed to. Pointless at the moment and will be seeking another solution if not fixed soon.

Options
2021-01-12 09:22:35

@TP-Link 

TP-Link wrote

"It is planned to add the option to manually choose the backhaul Deco in the later firmware upgrade."

This is great news, and will be welcomed by a lot of people, as it turns the TPLink Deco ecosystem into a true mesh.

When can we start beta-testing the new firmware? Cannot wait, what is the ETA on this?

tnx!

Options
2021-01-12 20:54:31

@TP-Link this workaround doesn't realy work because if I turn off the main Deco and then wait for a few minutes, when I turn the main deco back on, the farthest away one will always reconnect to it very quickly, even though the signal is so poor.

Hoping for the firmware upgrade to come soon because this is unbearable for now... :( 

Options
2021-01-13 13:41:55

@Imoq

They have been promising this for a number of months now. I have sent my TP link deco's back and replaced them with the new ASUS ax wifi6 mesh system. Its amazing!! works so much better than the tplink stuff and can highly recomend.

Options
2021-01-14 09:35:43

I too have the same problem. My Deco M4 main unit connected to the router through Ethernet cable is working fine. But the slave deco which is connected wireless works fine in the same room. But as soon as I shift that to the other room, line drops and red led pulses. How to solve this problem. If anyone can help please help me

Options
2021-01-15 03:26:47

@TP-Link 

Add me to the long, growing list of users whose 3rd Deco always selects the signal source of the main Deco, and not the Deco next in line or closets Deco.

I've tried several of the previously offered suggestions but nothing seems to correct the issue. 

I have set my system up so that the Main Network is set to 5.0 ghz for my laptop, iPad, iPhone and other devices that can use 5.0 ghz and my Guest Network is set to 2.4 ghz for my security cameras and other items that can only use 2.4 ghz. With my furthermost Deco using my main/first in line Deco and not the next in line closest Deco, the Wi-Fi speed for several of my devices suffers.

It would be great if tp-link would address this request to allow the option to pick which Deco to use as the signal source as myself and so many others have asked for.

The sooner the better. 

Options
2021-01-25 08:43:04
Hello @TP-Link, can you give us an update on the new firmware? Now with all people working and learning at home, it becomes even more pressing and urgent to fix this issue. tnx!
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 10414

Replies: 36