Deco is not getting signal source from the nearest Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco is not getting signal source from the nearest Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
36 Reply
Re:Deco is not getting signal source from the nearest Deco-Solution
2021-01-26 12:20:59 - last edited 2022-02-16 06:44:42

@mavericktan 

Hi, All, 

Please reach to the following link for more details:

Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco

When will 1.6.0 be released for the Deco

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco is not getting signal source from the nearest Deco
2021-01-26 12:51:37

@TP-Link 

That's a lot of 'Could help' and 'might improve'. Doesn't sound promising.

Options
2021-02-22 21:57:18

Any update when the M4 will get a beta? Thanks

Options
2021-03-02 02:09:52

@TP-Link 

There is no reason to beta test this.  This is a product flaw.  It is simple - add a few lines of code allowing users to set the chain how they want.

Your company is very stupidly handling this obvious problem customers have been complaining about for 2 years now.

Most of us buy a mesh system because our main routers signal is garbage in certain areas of our homes.

I can get over 400 Mbps in the room with my main deco.  I can get over 350 from the node in my kitchen, 30 feet away.  Upstairs, where my third node is?  Sub 100.  Why?  Because your stupid software/firmware says to connect to the main.

If this isn't fixed within the next few weeks, I'm likely returning it and getting something that actually does what it is supposed to do.

You don't need to beta test this.  Push out firmware that lets users correct a major screw up your company pretends isn't a major issue.

I actually get faster speeds by unplugging the third deco.  That's simply unacceptable and is only because your firmware tells the nodes to connect to the main.

The point of a mesh system is to extend a network, optimize speeds, and allow for seamless roaming.

If I'm getting 400+ in my living room and go up to my bedroom only to get less than 100, I don't need your mesh system - I can do the same thing with my old router and a range extender.  Switching to the extender network takes three seconds.  Trying to figure out why your system is stupid has already taken me hours.

Fix it.  It's not hard.  It should be done by now.

Options
2021-03-15 07:00:42

Just chiming in to say I also have this issue with my Deco M9+ setup. My Deco in the attic keeps connecting to my Deco in the living room (2 stories down) instead of the one in the bedroom on the first floor. Even though the signal of the closer one is significantly stronger. I can reboot the one in the attic and it will sometimes connect to the strongest signal (the Deco in the bedroom). But after a while it will switch to the furthest away again, making the internet in the attic a lot slower.

Options
2021-03-18 23:19:39

@TP-Link I have the same issue, I tought it was only applicable to my M5, but I saw that my X20 was connecting to the farthest unit and not to the nearest or the main (that actually its between this two units). I waiting for this software upgrade, I know this has taken for more than a year and can become a deal breaker!!! Wish I knew this before buying.

My setup is: 2 X60 (one of them its the main deco and located exactly at the middle of the cross), 2X20 and 2XM5. Home made of solid brick walls.

Third floor                                        M5 (Wifi)

Second floor          X60 (Wifi)         X60 (main deco)         M5 (Ethernet)

First Floor                         X20(Wifi)                        X20(Wifi)

Note: My X20(wifi) connecting M5(Ethernet)

Options
2021-03-19 22:37:45

@TP-Link 

Sent a DM!

Options
2021-10-19 22:47:24

@TP-Link I am having same issue with x60/ax3600. Can you provide me with beta firmware where I can chose the source?

Options
2021-10-20 03:12:09

@Netguru1986 

Hi, there is no beta firmware for Deco X3600 yet.

Did you have any issues when the satellite Deco node did not connect to the nearest Deco, like unstable connection or slow speed?

For more details, it is suggested to have a look at this link:

[Deco] Manual Signal Source Selection

Options
Re:Deco X60 is not getting signal source from the nearest Deco
2021-11-02 04:44:54

@TP-Link 

We took 6 pack 18 decos for two network. for the first network we plan to create a star net with 10 decos . 

But we found setting up just only 4 decos yet ...that further away decos not connecting with the nearest units best signal instead of distant main units poor signal, (poor signal for distant decos obviously)., thus distant deco/decos always tries to connect main deco instead of choosing nearest best signal.

However as you said you have updated in firmware but no luck yet after i update those units at installation . . please let us know about the web UI uploadable  firmware which you said in this forum whether that firmware is stable bug free and confirmed with other tech parameters. and suggest me what options we follow. 

regards M J RAHMAN

Options
Related Articles