Voip phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Voip phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Voip phone
Voip phone
2020-11-02 13:32:11 - last edited 2020-11-25 09:00:17

I could not find TP-Link Archer VR1600v Wireless Dual Band Gigabit VOIP VDSL/ADSL Modem Router listed amongst the models above.

It was fitted a week or so ago when my very reliable ASDL2_+ service was threatened with termination on Nov 12 by discontinuation of the copper-wire service.

The extensive phone-extension system I hade developed over the years had worked admirably - comprising one caller number display unit, one hands-free unit and  a number of analogue phones of various types, with and without memory facility. I had to replace two phones to enable the system to work. Also it would not work if ALL the phones were connected to just Phone1 socket, so I connected some to Phone2. But the functionality I have achieved is marred by the fact that, if I take a call on a phone connected to Phone1, but want to continue it on a phone connected to Phone2, I can not, because Phone2 gives a dial tone rather than a connection to my caller.

To clarify : when I say that the system does not work with ALL the phones on Phone1, what I mean, is that if a mobile calls my number, either it does not connect or drops out after one ring.

Best solution would be to have all phones on Phone1 - only two have the ringers activated - and to prevent the problem that calls from mobiles present.

Second best solution is to be able to continue on Phone2 a call made to Phone1.

Is help available ?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Voip phone-Solution
2020-11-25 08:49:26 - last edited 2020-11-25 09:00:17

@Kevin_Z 

Yes that email does look familiar.

'They' do not seem to have a clear idea about my problem. Moreover they say that if I don't hang up on phone1, I should be able to continue the call on phone2 - That is what I can NOT do, and why I made the post. They then contradict themselves by saying that the call can NOT be transferred from Phone1 to Phone2. NOT very useful at all.

I have discovered a work-around (which is difficult to explain) that gives me ALMOST all the functionality I used to have with the copper wire service, and i am happy to free you from any commitment to pursuing this issue. Thank you for the efforts you have made.

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:Voip phone
2020-11-05 06:24:17

@Sebastian42 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

May I know where are you located and who is your VoIP service provider?

Have you tried to enabled the SIP ALG on the modem to have a look: it is under Advanced > NAT Forwarding > ALG.

Later, we would like to follow up on your case via email and ask for the senior engineers for more advice.

Thanks a lot for your cooperation and understanding.

Options
2020-11-05 07:26:12
I'm in Ultimo, Sydney, NSW, Australia. My ISP is TPG. I had not tried your suggestion because I did not know about it, but when I entered https://tplinkmodem.net into Chrome's address bar, I got "This site can’t be reached - tplinkmodem.net refused to connect." ‎192.168.0.1.1 · ‎192.168.0.1 · ‎192.168.2.1 did no better. I'm much heartened by your intention to involve senior engineers.
Options
2020-11-05 08:21:54
When I tried it later, I could follow your steps - so there is an unreliability - and I enabled SIP ALG. Please tell me what change I should expect.
Options
2020-11-14 03:13:50

@Sebastian42 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

It would improve the quality of the phone connection.

And did it make any difference for your case?

If not, after further consulting, we would also try to change the DTMF Relay Setting to the other two options, except the default one:

And just in case it did not help, we would like to follow up on your case by email, and please feel free to update the email with further improvement.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-14 03:42:06

'It would improve the quality of the phone connection.' I had no complaint about phone quality, so that was a red herring. IT did NOT solve the problems I posted about.

I have discovered that if I disconnect one sophisticated phone, (something I do NOT want to do permanently as it incorporates the answering machine), I can have 'all' the remaining phones work satisfactorily from Phone1 socket.  Having only ONE of the phones do the ringing is also not a solution (i.e.  to have the ringers of all others muted). 

I will follow your suggestion as soon as i get the opportunity - I am in a rush now.

Thank you for persisting.

Options
2020-11-14 23:04:14

@Sunshine 

Sad to say, I can not reach the option you suggest tweaking. For you it occurred under TELEPHONY - I do not have that category in the left pane.

Options
2020-11-24 11:59:54

@Sebastian42 

Hello, thanks for updating again. Have you received our email? You may check it and confirm, thanks.

Options
2020-11-24 12:44:42

@Kevin_Z

I do not recall receiving anything useful by email since I told you that the options YOU can access are not available to me. I'm also unclear as to what you are trying to achieve.

There has been a disruption to my email system very recently and your email may have been a victim of this.

Options
2020-11-25 08:17:49

@Sebastian42 

Hello, I found that our engineers actually replied you as below, you may confirm:

"Hi Joe,

After checking with our RD team, for the transfer phone call between different phone under the same phone port, like phone1 and phone2 both are behind the phone port1, when a phone call comes in, it will ring on the phone1 and phone2 both, when you pick up phone1, you will get the phone call connected, then you can pick up phone2 to take the phone call in phone2, but it will need you don't hang off on the phone1 before we finish the phone call.

Due to the system is not specially designed for multiple phone under the same port(it's more for daily home usage like only one phone here), so when you hang off the phone1, phone1 will tell Modem "I've finished the call" for once.

For the transfer between different phone port, after checking with our RD team, it's confirmed to be not able to transfer in this case...

Thanks a lot for your understanding~"

Options
Re:Voip phone-Solution
2020-11-25 08:49:26 - last edited 2020-11-25 09:00:17

@Kevin_Z 

Yes that email does look familiar.

'They' do not seem to have a clear idea about my problem. Moreover they say that if I don't hang up on phone1, I should be able to continue the call on phone2 - That is what I can NOT do, and why I made the post. They then contradict themselves by saying that the call can NOT be transferred from Phone1 to Phone2. NOT very useful at all.

I have discovered a work-around (which is difficult to explain) that gives me ALMOST all the functionality I used to have with the copper wire service, and i am happy to free you from any commitment to pursuing this issue. Thank you for the efforts you have made.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1098

Replies: 11

Related Articles