M9 Plus - speakers - need Airport Express for Airplay - can't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-09 11:05:13
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi folks,

I'm a fully Apple household. But following a lightning strike that knocked out my Airport Extreme, I replaced it and a few Airport Express units with Deco M9 Plus (two units). In the process I lost the capability to stream music to my speakers which were connected to 1 Airport Express by 3.5mm pin. 

And I'd like to ask you for some help on connecting 1 Airport Express base station back to the Dec M9 Plus network so that I can reach my speakers through the Airport Express Airplay functionality.

I have tried it four times already and cannot get it right. It just does not work. Not only does it not work, it breaks the Deco M9 Plus network so that no device can reconnect to it. And then I have to reset both Deco units and set up the whole network again. After 4 times I don't feel like trying without someone else's expertise.

Has anyone else done this, and if so, did it work, and if so, how?

Thank you all.

Greg

Options
3 Reply
Re:M9 Plus - speakers - need Airport Express for Airplay - can't connect
2021-01-03 22:07:52

@gregword 

Hi this doesn't answer your question, but I have the same issue as you do.

I have multiple Airport Express that I use to Airplay.

Several homepods and minis throughout the house.

After I changed from my old Time Capsule to the Deco, I am have tons of issues with my Apple airplay devices.

Sorry, I wish I had something good to say, but I haven't found a solution yet.

I am now in the process of buying Eero Pro (waiting for it to get here since it is Homekit compaible and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be much more user friendly with Apple devices/Airplay).

Good luck, and I hope you find a solution.

Options
2021-01-03 22:11:28

@gregword 

Btw, I forgot to mention that my airplay does work from time to time, but it is extremely inconsistent.

For example, I am trying to ask siri to play on my airplay, and maybe 10% of the time it works whereas with my TIme Capsule it would nearly always work.

Options
2021-01-04 01:53:55

@gdsrwq421 

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

For your case, we would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please have a check of your email box.

At the same time, could you please do me a favor to check the following information:

1. Would setting up the Deco M9 plus as an access point and connecting behind the Apple capsule router  help or not?

2. Could turning off the fast roaming and beam forming on the Deco APP, as well as the Mesh technology on the Apple device improve the instability

3. If only leaving the main Deco, Would the airplay work smoothly?

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1021

Replies: 3

Related Articles