Wifi calling not working - iPhone 12

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-10 09:44:23
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.9

Hi All,

My wifi calling isn't working on my iPhone at all.

I contacted TP-Link and was told this is an issue they have never seen before (which I think is probably not true...) and I have followed the online steps to try and make it work.

Has anyone had any success with making wifi calling work on their iPhone, if so, how? Are you able to offer any support?

Kind regards.

Josh. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Wifi calling not working - iPhone 12
2020-11-12 07:38:49

@Enserr 

Hello, please help confirm details and we will try to figure it out:
1. Ensure the Deco M5 firmware is up-to-date. If not, update the firmware first on the Deco app.
2. Ensure the Deco app is the latest as well.
3. Please confirm the current network topology/layout, how many Deco M5 do you have and how are they connected? Is the iPhone 12 connected to the Deco 2.4GHz or 5GHz network? Try to connect it to the main Deco. BTW, who is the Wi-Fi Calling provider? Is the Deco working as a router or an access point?
4. Is there any other phone that you can try this Wi-Fi Calling on? Ensure Wi-Fi Calling is working fine when the phone is connected to other wireless networks.

Options
2021-01-15 10:31:11

@TP-Link_Deco 

hi there. I too am having this issue. iPhone 6S, iPhone 7 and iPhone 6 Plus all latest software version. 
deco setup is 5x M5 EU 3.0 acting in router mode with plusnet ADSL 36mb down 7mb up. Deco firmware 1.5.1 rel. 66804

wificalling either doesn't work or is intermittent with three network and EE network. 

what can I try?

Options
2021-05-18 07:17:51

You can check some settings on iPhone, like turning on wifi calling or resetting networking settings. If no use, you can use an ios repair tool like TunesKit to fix the issue with no data loss.

Options
2021-06-23 07:18:15

Hi @trucjacks123 and all, 

If you still encounter an issue with the Wi-Fi calling in the Deco network, please try the suggestions we provided here:

What should I do if Wi-Fi calling cannot work through TP-Link wireless router?

Additionally, you may try the suggestions in this thread as well:

[Troubleshooting] Zoom or Microsoft Teams frozen or hanging when connected to Deco - Home Network Community

Hope this helps, kindly get back with the details if it is not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1283

Replies: 4

Related Articles