iphone shows weak security for wifi extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-12 22:02:24 - last edited 2021-08-27 09:00:32
Model: AD7200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a wifi extender, TL-WA855RE WiFi Range Extender. My iphone ios 14.1 is showing me my extender's wifi has weak security. My primary wifi is fine, does not show this message. My router is conncected through WPA2-PSK (AES) so that is ok. I would like to fix the extender message of weak security, is there an update I need for the extender to fix this issue? 

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:iphone shows weak security for wifi extender-Solution
2020-11-17 05:53:42 - last edited 2021-08-27 09:00:32

Hello everyone, 
Here is a summary thread for Range Extender Weak security issue where you could find the latest firmware or beta firmware that fixed the problem: 

[Solution] iPhone iOS14 recognizing the range extender wireless network as "weak security"
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/232218?page=1

If your model is not listed, or you still experience the same issue, please leave your comment there with case details. We will look in to your inquiry as quickly as possible.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:iphone shows weak security for wifi extender-Solution
2020-11-17 05:53:42 - last edited 2021-08-27 09:00:32

Hello everyone, 
Here is a summary thread for Range Extender Weak security issue where you could find the latest firmware or beta firmware that fixed the problem: 

[Solution] iPhone iOS14 recognizing the range extender wireless network as "weak security"
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/232218?page=1

If your model is not listed, or you still experience the same issue, please leave your comment there with case details. We will look in to your inquiry as quickly as possible.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:iphone shows weak security for wifi extender
2020-11-19 15:55:35

Hello,

@Solla-topee  I'm having the same issue with a TP-Link Deco M4 (firmware version 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289)

My iPhone connects without any issue, then it shows the "Weak Security" message, is there any way to change/improve that?

I've already checked the options for security within the password section, but there's no option to select a different type.

Thanks,

Options
2020-11-20 02:44:20

@aKeN 

Hi, the firmware 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289 has already fixed the weak security issue and it should not have this issue now.

May I know the model number and operating system of the smartphone?

Can I have a picture of the weak security error notice?

Have you tried to reboot the Deco and disconnect, reconnect the iPhone again?

Thanks and wait for your reply.

Options
2020-11-27 19:15:36
iphone shows weak security for wifi extender Model: AC2000/ DAP 1820 I have a wifi extender and today I tried to switch my iphone to that signal and the 'weak security' words came up. I don't know how to fix this. Also for the last several months it's been asking me to type in my password. I do. THen it says it's an invalid password. Insane. It's my only password. I'm ready to give up on this device altho it might be passed it's warranty. Any advice?
Options
2020-12-01 07:56:23

@thyra 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

As for the AC2000/ DAP 1820, it seemed like a D-Link extender and have you checked with their support for further assistance?

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2336

Replies: 5

Related Articles