Archer VR2800 to replace Sky Q ADSL Broadband Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-13 15:17:44
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently purchased the VR2800 to replace the terrible Sky Q hub and for the life of me I cannot get it to work. I have managed to get the router to connect to sky using the username and password information from Wire Shark but when connected I am getting no download speed at all, just an upload speed, and it is dropping off constantly so it is completely unusable. 

I think the set up is correct so i'm not really sure where to look next, on the sky forum people have suggested it is an issue with the router as when I go back to the Sky Q hub iit does work, any help would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer VR2800 to replace Sky Q ADSL Broadband Issues
2020-11-24 10:32:10

@JAB331 

Hello, thanks for asking.

As far as I know, Sky Fiber applies a unique connection type, which is called MER, this VR2800 does support MER, while Sky has made it clear that they don’t support third-party modems, therefore we cannot ensure that our modem will definitely work with Sky. You may also confirm this with Sky and see if there is any other requirement on the modem configuration.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1319

Replies: 1

Related Articles