RE 300 will not retain connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-15 19:36:55
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20191114 Rel. 34543

RE 300 V1.0 Most recent Firmware installed

• Fully configured with static IP address outside of normal DHCP range.  Static IP address registered in Host Router
  • All configuration information matches. Host WiFi router is ASUS RT-N564U. 
  • Devices connecting to TP link extender are Amazon Firestick, Android Phone and Windows Laptop. 
  • If not connected for a period of time, connection is lost. 
  • All LEDs are on, no change on Extender. 
  • When attempting to re-connect to extended network, I receive a message of "No IP address can be found." regardless of which device I use to connect.
  • I unplug the extender, plug it back in and, once all 4 LED lights are on, I can connect with no issues.
    • If I turn the devices off for the night, I have to follow the same steps again to reconnect.

I have followed all the steps outlined in your FAQ, tried a few of my own and nothing has changed. I have all packaging ready to return device. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:RE 300 will not retain connection
2020-11-16 09:07:14

@Eljp 

Good day,

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

If you would like to spend more time, we would like to forward your case to our senior engineers directly and please have a check of your email box.

At the same time, could you please help us check the following information:

1. What is the model number of the Asus router?
  2. If you did not use static IP, using smart DHCP on the RE300 instead, would that help or not?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-11-16 19:21:52

@Eljp 

The ASUS Router is RT-N564U. 

I have tried to connect using DHCP and the Extender - no change

I have tried to connect using Fixed IP outside of the DHCP range and Fixed on the Extender - no change

Options
2020-11-19 01:58:51

@Eljp Ok, fixed.  I have installed a new firmware version, as per instructions and with this updated version, I no longer have the issue. 

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 3

Related Articles