Archer T3U plus ramdomly loses connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-23 13:49:07
Model: Archer T2U Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I've just bought an AC1300Mbps Archer T3U Plus WiFi USB from Amazon. Installed it on a Windows 10 64bit system (patched with last upgrades form MS ) , connectd to USB 2.0 port (my system doesn't have a 3.0 USB) . Downloaded the latest driver from TpLink.

The problem is that randomly the device loses connectivity , it seems the device is no more used by the system, no access to my wifi , I don't see anymore any wifi connections.

The only way is to reboot the system 

I've also tried to move it to different ports, change setting to 802.11ac but nothing changes.

If I turn off my system , remove the adapter and then plug a different USB wifi adapter it works without any problem.

Is there any way to change some setting to put it at work ?

Thanks

Fabio

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T3U plus ramdomly loses connectivity
2020-11-24 03:53:32

@Fabietto 

Hello, thanks for bringing this up.

You may try to update the public driver for this T3U Plus, which shares the same chipset as the Archer T4U v3:
https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191128/Archer T4U V3_TP-Link driver_1030.22.0202.2018.zip

If this doesn't help, please help confirm some details, and we will try to work it out:
1. How long will this issue occur, does it happen only when you restart the system or it happens randomly when you are online?
2. If possible, try this adapter on another computer and confirm if the issue persists.
3. Is there any anti-virus software running on the computer? Can you please try to uninstall it and see if that makes a difference?

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1430

Replies: 1