Archer VR400 v3 EU LAN stops working AND self Factory reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-25 10:54:24
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v00a1.0 Build 200619 Rel.39089n

I have bought a new aformentioned modem/router. I have 2 problems:

1. Suddenly LAN ports will stop working. Internet works fine, and connecting to it via wifi gets you a good internet connection. 
  2. ON TOP OF THAT, today I logged into my router to see that it had performed a factory reset BY ITSELF

Is this a defective unit? should I return it? I have logged in the tp-link cloud. The router says that my firmware is up to date. Is there a firmware update that SPECIFICALLY fixes the above 2 issues?

Options
22 Reply
Re:Archer VR400 v3 EU LAN stops working AND self Factory reset
2020-11-26 10:21:57

@thanosP I had the LAN ports drop again twice today. I verified that internet through a lan port does not work, I can't even ping the router. When I connect through wireless, I can ping the router, and connect to the internet.

Options
2020-12-02 09:28:24

@thanosP 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Just to confirm, when you notice that the LAN drops the connection, is the wireless network still working fine? Please try to login to the web interface of the VR400 and confirm the LAN status for that wired device. Go to Basic->Network Map->click on the Icon for TP-Link router, then you will see the LAN connection status as below:

Try with different LAN port as well as different cat5e or cat6 cables, then confirm again.

Options
2020-12-06 12:43:55

@Kevin_Z I have a stable internal home network, based on cat5 cabling. My ISP's router receives all utp cables of the house. When I switch to the archer router, sometimes during the day the LAN in all clients will stop working. So when I am connecting from another part of the house via utp, the pc will not even be able to ping the router. Connecting through wifi pings the router.

I don't know how clearer I can make this. I cannot change cabling, the same cables that work with another switch wont work on the archer switch, after some time. Is this device simply faulty?

Options
2020-12-07 02:43:35

@thanosP 

For now, it's hard to say if the router is faulty or not, as we cannot reproduce this issue in our lad. While we hope you could help confirm the info that I asked in my previous reply, when the LAN disconnects, can you access the VR400 web interface via a wireless connection on another laptop to confirm the LAN negotiation speed for the wired PC? Is it still negotiated normally?

When the LAN disconnects, is the device connected to the LAN port of the VR400 still getting a valid IP address, such as 192.168.1.100? You may confirm it when you lose the LAN connection on your computer:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/841/

Options
2021-01-30 22:07:48

@thanosP 

I had and have exactly the same problem, randomly my LAN connection is dropping, but wifi works fine.

After drop I can't connect to router (pinging - request time out) by cable connection, but switching to wifi it works, also connection to internet works with wifi.

When I plug the cable back and try to connect, it is not working.

I made a complaint and dealer send me new router, but the very next day I'm facing the same problem again....

It seems that it is some system (SW?) fault.

Jan

Options
2021-01-30 22:47:15

@JanV well it does seem to be a sw problem. To be honest, having the tplink support ask the same questions over and over, basically playing dumb, really dissuaded me from pressing this any further.

I have explained the problem clearly from my first post. Have received no help. I have already given a bad review of the product on the eshop I bought it from.

Shame really.

Options
2021-01-30 22:48:33

@Kevin_Z i have already mentioned that when the lan goes down, i can't ping the router from the lan interface. I can ping fine from the wifi if.

Options
2021-01-31 09:22:01

@thanosP 

I contacted also a local TP Link support, sent them screenshots, log files, described how it behaves etc., they told me that they haven't dealt with such problem so far and they can only contact the producer. It was a month ago, since that time I haven't received ANY feedback from them.

Really sad..

I made an firmware upgrade and if it happens once more I will claim the goods again - I will ask the e-shop to return my money back.

Jan

Options
2021-02-01 10:52:02

@JanV  @thanosP 

Sorry to disappoint you both with the troubleshooting. Can you please kindly help verify more details again if you haven't returned it? We will escalate the case to the engineers, and ask them to investigate further, thank you.

What kind of devices are you connecting to the VR400 LAN ports? PC or some other devices? Can you please check if there is power saving on that device? If it is a Windows PC, you may go to Device Manager->Network Adapters->locate the Ethernet adapter, then right click it go to Properties->Power Management->uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power, then go to Advanced and check if there is any setting relates to power saving or sleeping, disable it as well, reboot the VR400 as well as the PC to confirm again.

Options
2021-02-01 11:04:35

@Kevin_Z I still have the device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3129

Replies: 22