Philips Hue Bridge does not connect after upgrading the firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-26 15:10:10 - last edited 2020-11-30 11:34:39
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289

Hello!

I have just received a Philips Hue Bridge today.

I was able to connect it to my Deco M4 via ethernet cable successfully. My Deco is configured in Router mode and the app listed it as a new device.

My network diagram is:

1. ISP's router is connected to the main Deco via ethernet cable.

2. The deco that this is about is connected to the main Deco via wifi.

3. The Philips Hue Bridge is connected to (2) via ethernet cable.

We are fine. My bridge connected to the deco and I was able to find it in the Hue app. I set up my lights and even played with the light scenarios.

I upgraded the bridge firmware and I lost connection to it. The device was no longer connected to the deco even though they were physically connected.

Of course, factory reset does not work on the bridge side. I assume the new firmware is somehow incompatible with my Deco device, as I saw it up and running before upgrading.

I have seen similar issues:

- https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/175452

- https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/190124

So:

1. Restarting the main router and Decos did not work.

2. My Decos are up-to-day.

3. I have already asked the Philips guys in case they can help.

1. They told me to connect the bridge to the main router (it did not work)
  2. They told me to connect the bridge to my laptop directly because I told them that the middle led (network led) wasn't coming up (it did not make any difference)

Do you have any suggestions? Is there anything I can do apart from returning this bridge, ask for a new one and never upgrade it?

Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Philips Hue Bridge does not connect after upgrading the firmware
2020-12-16 15:54:10

@jotadrilo I've read the other threads you are linking to.

I have the same problem as you on a Deco m9 

all light works and hue hub does get a ip address and MAC . But i can't find it in the list of network devices

when i try to add smart devices in the Deco with the Deco app, i can choose the hue hub.

So the hub is not missing. It's just not in the network devices list. 

a bit of a pain , as I need to lock the ip adress , as it changes everytime i need to restart my Deco .

Options
2020-12-16 16:03:29

@beardhunter it seems slightly different, since I can't operate the app. I have returned the hub amd bought another one. I won't upgrade the hub this time until I see this problem is fixed, though.

Options
2020-12-16 16:35:40

@jotadrilo sorry if I've misunderstood your problems

So you think the problem is in the hue bridge and not the Deco app ? 

Options
2020-12-16 17:08:45
Exactly. If I access the admin panel in my main router or Decos (after connecting the hub to them via ethernet cable, separately) none of them assign an IP to the hub. The LAN led in the hub remains off too, which indicates lack of connectivity to them. I don't think it is a physical problem. I have two hypothesis: 1. The hub failed performing the firmware upgrade so it can't actually run. 2. Strangely, my devices are incompatible with the latest firmware version.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1727

Replies: 4