I have just received a Philips Hue Bridge today.
I was able to connect it to my Deco M4 via ethernet cable successfully. My Deco is configured in Router mode and the app listed it as a new device.
My network diagram is:
1. ISP's router is connected to the main Deco via ethernet cable.
2. The deco that this is about is connected to the main Deco via wifi.
3. The Philips Hue Bridge is connected to (2) via ethernet cable.
We are fine. My bridge connected to the deco and I was able to find it in the Hue app. I set up my lights and even played with the light scenarios.
I upgraded the bridge firmware and I lost connection to it. The device was no longer connected to the deco even though they were physically connected.
Of course, factory reset does not work on the bridge side. I assume the new firmware is somehow incompatible with my Deco device, as I saw it up and running before upgrading.
I have seen similar issues:
1. Restarting the main router and Decos did not work.
2. My Decos are up-to-day.
3. I have already asked the Philips guys in case they can help.
- They told me to connect the bridge to the main router (it did not work)
- They told me to connect the bridge to my laptop directly because I told them that the middle led (network led) wasn't coming up (it did not make any difference)
Do you have any suggestions? Is there anything I can do apart from returning this bridge, ask for a new one and never upgrade it?