Deco m4 adult content not blocked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-30 21:01:47
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

just bought deco set of 3 now - and seems like i got the ver 2.0 (EU market)

trying to run the parental blocking for adult content - and it wont work. If i put hte sites by hand it does, but it only accepts 30 urls so that wont help much

as i have seen others have the same issue - but i cannot accept that this is normal - the units should do what they are "advertising" that they do.

could not find tine M5 in stock, hense why we went for m4  sets. please advice if this would work on m5? not that i can return right now - only thing i can do is if TPLINK would replace them with m5 or fix the M4 issues

note that it seems other categories, like social networking seem to work as i cannot access facebook etc, which is correct, but it will not block the main reason why we bought the unit which is adult content blocking.

please advice.

brgds

Angelos

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco m4 adult content not blocked
2020-12-02 09:54:52

@Djad 

Hi, nice to see you again and could you please refer to the reply here.

And later we would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/196662?replyId=528670

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
2020-12-02 11:26:22

@TP-Link 

Versions reported latest downloaded and didn't help. The sites I tested on the trend micro and correctly detected there but the parental guide did not help at all.

I have bought 4 units and I cannot block what Is needed. I am thinking if m5 works better to get one as the primary and leave the other m4 as secondary units. That would give me the functionality available on the primary right? And hopefully that would work?

Was hoping to find single unit but can't seem to find any. May have to return the whole lot and give up.

Options
2020-12-28 12:56:15

@TP-Link I returned back these units and bought instead m5

Now all working as it should and blocking filtering is OK. Pitty for the m4 though...

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 943

Replies: 3

Related Articles