TP-Link Deco M4: adult content filter it's a joke!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-27 16:53:24 - last edited 2020-07-24 06:42:30
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I wonder how the embedded adult site list is build in TP-link Deco M4. I have set the filter and still can access tons of adult content. I understand that you can't filter the whole adult content , but I have visited url's that contains terms as obvious as "po...n" (you know this word but the forum terms don't let me write it) and the filter have not worked. I have two kids and this feature was one of the reasons for buy this Deco. I 'm totally disappointed.

¿Does Tp-link have plans to improve this filters? ¿What about an upgrade?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link Deco M4: adult content filter it's a joke!-Solution
2020-07-24 06:41:24 - last edited 2020-07-24 06:42:30

@franksmartin 

Hello,

May I know what kind of settings on the Deco app for Parental Control? Kindly show us a screenshot.

If the adult websites are actually not blocked when you choose the "pre-teen" filter level, please go to https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com and enter the URL of the adult website, then you will see if that website belongs to an adult website or not.

If you find that website is classified into the wrong categories, please submit a reclassify request to Trend Micro.

However, if the website belongs to the correct website category but it is not blocked, please show us the Parental Control settings page on your Deco app as well as the firmware version of the Deco device.

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:TP-Link Deco M4: adult content filter it's a joke!
2020-02-28 02:18:50

@Gaca 

Hello, what is the current firmware version of the Deco M4? 

Please check if there is any website or App running in the background.

Please have a check on the number of the devices and Apps/Websites blocked in each profile to see whether it has exceeded the limitation. You can also create a new profile and do a comparison test.

And we will work on it at our end. Any updates, we will let you know immediately. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-28 07:15:54

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, thank you for your response. The M4 firmware is: 1.1.8 Build 20190917 Rel 76172

There were no apps running in background. I just restarted the tablet before test, but I will check again anyway.

Please have a check on the number of the devices and Apps/Websites blocked in each profile to see whether it has exceeded the limitation. You can also create a new profile and do a comparison test.

There are only one profile and only one device.

And we will work on it at our end. Any updates, we will let you know immediately. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-28 10:51:44

@Gaca 

Thanks for your valued reply. We are confirming with our engineers about this issue. 

It will take some time due to the weekend; we will let you know immediately if there is any updates. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-07-23 04:22:08

@Kevin_Z did you ever resolve this? I am seeing the same.

Kevin_Z wrote

@Gaca 

Good day. 

Options
Re:TP-Link Deco M4: adult content filter it's a joke!-Solution
2020-07-24 06:41:24 - last edited 2020-07-24 06:42:30

@franksmartin 

Hello,

May I know what kind of settings on the Deco app for Parental Control? Kindly show us a screenshot.

If the adult websites are actually not blocked when you choose the "pre-teen" filter level, please go to https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com and enter the URL of the adult website, then you will see if that website belongs to an adult website or not.

If you find that website is classified into the wrong categories, please submit a reclassify request to Trend Micro.

However, if the website belongs to the correct website category but it is not blocked, please show us the Parental Control settings page on your Deco app as well as the firmware version of the Deco device.

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-07-24 12:37:34

Hi @franksmartin 

I didn't solve the problem. In fact, I returned the devices to the seller for that reason.

Regards.

Options
2020-11-30 21:08:50
gents we have the same problem - running latest firmware - hardware version 2.0 - does the adult content blocked not work? i tested on the website, and all looks ok - correctly identified - but not blocked!!! please advice if not handled correctly then i will return all 3 units back asap would m5 work correctly?
Options
2020-12-02 09:22:26

@Djad 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

Could you please help me save the parental control settings on your APP and as well as a list of the websites that are supposed to block by Deco, but actually not?

As for the M5, the data base of antivirus has been updated recently and we might need to check what are these websites before giving you a confirmation.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and understanding.

Options
2020-12-28 12:51:06
I returned back the m4 snd now got m5s. Filters working well.. much better functionalities in the m5 too so was worth it
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2892

Replies: 9