KP 105 and Technicolor TG588v v2 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-10 16:35:37
Model: KP100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

This is NOT regarding KP 100 but KP105.

I have just checked my network provider, who installed my Technicolor TG588v v2 router, and WPA2-PSK security settings are default.

I have had a 1-hour + 'conversation' with your support chat today that ended in the recommendation to change the security settings of my router to WPA2-PSK. 

This is a default setting for the router.

So please go and do some more testing with your not so smart plug.

I have now put the plug back in the box and 'filed' it in a set of drawers as it was part of a package buy with my Google Nest Mini that works perfectly but also does not pick up this 'smart' plug.

Not impressed is a very mild version of my opinion at the moment but I could be surprised by further developments.

The person who was doing the chat was clearly googling answers / questions or otherwise checking information, and they were very helpful, just not getting the correct information to give me the correct advice.

Options
1 Reply
Re:KP 105 and Technicolor TG588v v2 router
2020-12-18 09:25:02

@Ingeborg 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

We used to get the feedback that the security mode on the Technicolor would stop the connection of Kasa plugs.

Since you had already tried that with no success if you still kept the plug, we would be happy to forward your case to the senior engineers for further analysis.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 390

Replies: 1

Related Articles