Router IP address fails to load

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-13 11:26:58 - last edited 2020-12-17 08:39:28
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

HI I have a network I am building as a novice, to extend to areas of property with thick walls and out building quite interesting and challenging at the same time, with various old routers to act as range extenders ( easy solution would be to get a whole range of new kit which it may come to ) 

for now however I am using the kit linked in as below , and I appreciate some setting really do need a tweak but 

using an old Archer D2, ( sorry drop down search does not feature this model  as it it so old ) TP-Link which is solid and works fine except every time i want to go back in and tweak settings

it wont let me in  to the 192.168.1.1

either by

http://192.168.1.1

or by

https://192.168.1.1

Laptop wifi = off

laptop firewall = off

lan cable from laptop to router LAN port

change adapter setting to ip address, still no use...

the only way back in every time ( of this there has been many ) is to paperclip hard reset

whicn is OK but a real pain , as I lose all the previous settings

where am i going wrong please, how to log in every time to tweak

using this rudimentary schematic illustration, it all works fine , except i know i need to make a tweak somewhere as occasionally the TP-Link it falls over for no reason apparent to me 

hence my seeking and tweaking :) Rgs Wi-Fried-Freddy

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router IP address fails to load
2020-12-23 06:52:44

@Wi-Fried 

Hello, as per the network layout you attached, there are another BT Hub 5 and BT Hub 4 connected to the network, can you please confirm is the Archer D20 working as a pure bridge modem or is it in modem router mode? You may confirm what is the WAN connection type on the page when the internet is normally working. If it is working as a pure bridge modem you may not be able to access to its web interface as the local devices are getting the IP address from the BT Hub 5 or BT Hub 4, which may be in a different subnet as that of the Archer D2. Just to confirm, do you need to access its web interface frequently to modify the settings? There seems no much necc to access the web interface if the BT Hub is the main gateway in the network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 225

Replies: 1

Related Articles