Too many errors after changing modem to VR400 v3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-18 23:27:13
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1

Hello, i recently changed my ISP's provided modem(Technicolor TG589vn) to the Archer VR400 v3, hoping to change the locked NAT Type of the first and also get some nice QoS features while keeping the same or slightly lower speeds.Well the first part went okey but after changing, the Modem has too many errors(as u can see on the screenshot) dropping the speed from 29mbps to below 10mbps after a day of full usage.I contacted my ISP and they did a cleanup of my line but the issue still persists and they dont know what is causing it.Any tips to solve it , or it is just incompatibility between the modem and my ISP causing it?

ISP:Nova VDSL 50MBPS in Greece

Options
1 Reply
Re:Too many errors after changing modem to VR400 v3
2020-12-23 08:54:53

@VaMong 

Hi, what is the bandwidth you paid for your internet? Simplify the network layout by connecting one computer to the VR400 via cable, run the speedtest(www.speedtest.net)three times without doing any high bandwidth behaviors. Besides, click here to check wired link speed.

Please test the wireless speed as well with one laptop or computer connected to the TP-Link Wi-Fi only, and click here to verify the wireless negotiation speed. 

You can refer to the statement below to check the line status:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/546/ 

Besides, here are some suggestions you can give it a go.

1. Ensure that the firmware is up to date

2. Customize the wireless settings to optimize its performance, including wireless channel and channel width. 

2.4GHz: channel 1, 6 or 11, channel width as 40MHz; 5GHz, channel 36, 40 or 44, channel width as 80MHz.

May it help, nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 589

Replies: 1