Router Works via Ethernet but drops connection on wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-22 18:28:59 - last edited 2020-12-23 00:51:30
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi, Please can someone assist me with my router, it is a new router and im facing an issue where if im connected directly to the router via ethernet cable then the connection is stable. However when connect wirelessly, connection drops intermidate and sometime the devices stay connected but have no internet access.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router Works via Ethernet but drops connection on wireless
2020-12-23 11:48:38

@TerrenceP 

Hello, sorry to hear that this modem router gives you troubles. When the internet dropped on the TD-W8961N, are the internet and DSL lights solid on, wired devices still access the internet fine? If it is only the wireless disconnects, you may try to adjust the wireless settings on the modem, such as wireless channel, channel width and security settings, then monitor again. You can also refer to Case One to do more troubleshooting, then tell me what are the changes you did.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 436

Replies: 1

Related Articles