Deco M5: choose source and pin device to specific Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-01 20:15:38
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi all,

I have 3 deco's: 1 in the livingroom, 1 in the hall on the first floor and 1 on the attic. The deco in the livingroom is the main deco.

I have several issues:

1) I cannot choose the channel;

2) the attic deco uses the deco from the livingroom and not the one on the first Floor;

3) I cannot pin devices to a specific Deco. 

Result: the deco on the attic (where I need the best internet connection) has the worst connection due to the poor connectivity with the main deco.

Question: when will we be able to solve the there issues mentioned above? This really sucks TP-Link, sorry... If it doesn't get fixed soon I'll throw them away and go for a different vendor.

Is it possible to wire the deco on the attic and wire the deco in the livingroom? If so, does the utp to the attic deco come from the router or from the deco from the livingroom?

Regards,

Marc

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5: choose source and pin device to specific Deco
2021-01-04 06:51:06 - last edited 2021-01-06 09:28:38

@Zeegske 

Good day,

Sorry for the time and patience.

Deco M5  did not support changing channels;

The option to manually choose which Deco to connect for the satellite Deco units and the mobile clients would be improved on the later firmware upgrade;

As for the last question, did you want to wire the attic Deco to the main living room Deco?

Or wire the attic Deco to the ISP router?

By the way, what is the operating mode on the Deco, AP mode or access point mode?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-06 08:40:58

@TP-Link 

Hi there,

I have the M5 set, not the M9.

"As for the last question, did you want to wire the attic Deco to the main living room Deco?" I don't have a wire yet. Because the Deco m5 set should run in a mesh network using the strongest signals. That's the problem now: the attic deco connects to the main living room instead of the deco on the first floor.

Any idea when this functionality will be available? 

Regards,

Marc

Options
2021-01-06 09:33:54

@Zeegske 

Sorry for the mistakes.

M5 did not support changing channels as well.

But it has network optimization and it would update the Deco to the suitable channels.

And the latest Deco APP added a feature called Deco lab/WIFI Assistant and it would help me monitor the wireless condition as well.

As for the feature which could manually choose which one to be connected for the satellite Deco as well as the mobile clients, there is no updated news about the exact date yet.

You could keep attention to the updated news on the APP as well as our official websites;

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 727

Replies: 3

Related Articles