Archer C9 v1 recovery - no ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-02 00:16:46
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello community,

Hope someone can help me here. I have an issue with bricked C9 v1. After some power troubles it got bricked. Tried to recover by putting an image on TFTP server, saw that device was downloading it, but nothing was happening afterwards. Hence tried to connect via USB-to-serial cable. Managed to get access to the console/CFE. And as I understood I should be able to upload the firmware from tftp server via ethernet. But the issue is the ethernet is down. I connect it to my laptop, but the link won't come up. But it was up before when I was trying to upload the image via tftp.

I also can access busybox console mode where I can read the contents of the USB stick, inserted to USB port. So I can upload the files from USB drive to device, but can't find any good guide on how to flash it from busybox console. So can anyone please advise the best way to flash it?

Thank you in advance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C9 v1 recovery - no ethernet
2021-01-04 06:58:24

@t-ice 

Have you checked this?

Options
2021-01-04 18:55:45

@Kevin_Z yes, the router downloads the file, reboots, but nothing happens afterwards. Still the same brick. 

Options
2021-01-05 06:43:57

@t-ice 

If that is the case, I'm afraid we cannot make it alive even via the firmware recovery.

You may contact the local tech support to check if this is covered by the warranty:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 818

Replies: 3

Related Articles