SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
SSID
SSID
2021-01-02 17:37:42
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi. Everytime I change the ssid name on one powerline adapter it changes it on another adapter also. It seems there is a conflict between the two adapters. I've updated firmware on both. One is v3 and the other v5. I can never see both wifi connections on any device although under the utility manager I can see them seperated with different ip addresses and mac addresses etc. Please help? 

Options
6 Reply
Re:SSID
2021-01-04 17:41:30

@Harry1979 

Hey

There is a setting called WiFi Move that will copy the wifi settings on one device to all, this is for powerlines.   If you dont want it to do that you can disable it..  more info here

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1095/

Could you explain further on what you mean that you cannot see both wifi connections on any device?   you will only see one SSID broadcast when scanning for wifi if both device have the same SSID.

Options
2021-01-04 19:21:10

@Philbert both my extenders have different ssid's that I have assigned to them using tp link utility. However the utility software seems to be getting them confused with one another and when I log out and log back into the ultity software both extenders have the same ssid name. Therefore when I look at wifi connections on any device it only list one ssid name and not both. I have reset both extenders and updated their software but still no joy. The extenders are different versions. One is version 1.2 and the other is 5. Thanks 

Options
2021-01-04 22:54:56

@Harry1979 

Hey again

I wouldnt be using the utility to set or monitor the wifi, log into each seperately via IP and configure it there.. the utility is really only good for showing the connection between the 2 devices.

Post a screenie if you want and i can take a look... 

Options
2021-01-05 13:55:32

@Philbert thanks for your help but I would really need to show you a video so you can understand what I mean. The utility software is meant to be used so you can change ssid's if you want and manage your home network (or so I thought). I tried what you suggested though and accessed the two adapters via their ip addresses but still the same issue. Even though I assign them different ssid's shortly after they revert to having just one. I often get the message 'connected but no internet access' on these adapters. Not just on my phone but also on other devices like my laptop. I've tried resetting the adapters but still same issue

Options
2021-01-05 14:02:17

@Harry1979 

Hey

This does seem a strange one, any chance you could post a screenshot of the setting in the app and perhaps it might ring a bell?

Ideally a screenshot of before when its 2x and after when they have reconnected..  I will try and help you where I can

Options
2021-01-06 07:20:25

@Harry1979 

Hi, like Philbert mentioned before, did you turn off the Wi-Fi move and change the SSID again to see whether there would be two separate SSIDs for each of them?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1422/

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 795

Replies: 6

Related Articles