RE450 V3 new firmware (RE450(EU)_V3_201203) with very very slow Upload speed!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-06 14:17:30
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: RE450(EU)_V3_201203

With the new firmware, the encryption seems reasonably secured (WPA2 - AES without TKIP and WPS).

However, despite manual high-speed mode (2.4Ghz to the router with ~230/230 MBit connection), the upload speed is below 0.9MBit. While the download speed is at 44MBit.

With the previous firmware (RE450(EU)_V3_190124), speeds of 44/10 (down/up) were possible, but with faulty encryption (TKIP / WPS). 

An older repeater from another manufacturer (AVM) managed a speed of 25/10 (down/up) at this position.

So you can not work with the repeater, I hope here will be improved again!

And before the firmware is made available, it may also be tested sensibly in the lab!

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE450 V3 new firmware (RE450(EU)_V3_201203) with very very slow Upload speed!!
2021-01-08 03:33:11

@Nobbi 

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please have a check of your email box later.

And what is the model number of your home router?

Did all the mobile devices connected to the RE450 have the slow upload speed?

And when you were on the old firmware, did you use the high speed mode as well?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:RE450 V3 new firmware (RE450(EU)_V3_201203) with very very slow Upload speed!!
2021-01-08 13:02:40 - last edited 2021-01-08 19:02:11

@TP-Link Hello TP-Link, thanks for the support on this problem.

My Router is a FritzBox 7490 and there are only two notebooks connected to the RE450 repeater. Both have the same poor upload speed. Only one notebook is active at a time (either the private or the business). Also with the old firmware I only used the high speed mode.

After installing and configuring the new firmware, the upload ran at 10Mbit for a short time, but after about 1hour it collapsed to under 1MBit. Sometimes there was no response at all from websites etc., a VPN session (for RDP) or a TEAMs meeting was no longer possible. The problems persist even if I connect a notebook directly to the repeater via LAN and both are in the same room as the router.

I also tried it briefly with the beta firmware published here, with which it strangely ran better again (upload ~ 6MBit).

I configured the repeater as follows:

- Reboot the Router.
- RE450 hard reset and installed the new firmware (RE450(EU)_V3_201203 ) (2x).
- Switch to AP Mode and deactivate WPS (because WPS is otherwise active in Repeater Mode(!!?)).
- Switch back to repeater mode and connect to router using WPA2 and valid passphrase.
- Changed SSID of the repeater network to prevent other devices from connecting to the re450 and degrading the connection.

- Disable the DHCP Server in the Repeater.
- Activate High speed mode and reduced the  range of the repeater network (notebooks are about 3 meters away and in the same room, connect with clearly >400MBit).
- So it currently runs with >=44Mbit down and at least <=6MBit up.
- Even an adjustment to the maximum range of the repeater network does not bring any improvement.

So currently an improvement of the upload to 6MBit, but not really what the repeater should do and did for a short time.
If I connect the notebooks directly to the 2.4GHz of the router, the upload is also 10Mbit as expected.

With best regards

nobbi

And while I' m already in contact with the manufacturer, I have a "small" request.

For security reasons, I never want to see the WLAN participants among themselves and therefore always turn on the AP or client isolation.

Unfortunately, this is not possible in fewer and fewer products (WA901N with Multi SSID, WPA4220, current WLAN routers, etc.), even with the EAP245 models

that I use very often, this has been cut.

Are there hardware restrictions here or why are they worse positioned than other competitors?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1173

Replies: 2