Ping going high suddenly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ping going high suddenly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Ping going high suddenly
Ping going high suddenly
2021-01-06 15:02:31
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 v0001.0 Build 200721 Rel.30862n

Hello, 

so I bought a new router TP-Link WR840N after the last one was hit by a lightning strike, but what I'm facing is that suddenly the ping get high and download/upload speed gets low; even a Whatsapp message won't get through. But all of this is solved when unplugging the network cable from the router and re-plugging it again. The problem is that every half an hour I should do this which is so annoying. I contacted the ISP but the tests he ran was pretty fine so the problem is from my side.

Any help please?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ping going high suddenly
2021-01-07 05:59:57

@FirasRihan 

As per your description, it seems the internet drops on the WR840N, can you confirm some details?

1. Who is your ISP? Please check and confirm you can get a stable connection from the ISP modem by connecting it directly to a computer.
2. If the modem network is stable, please also check the cable between the modem and the WR840N is good, you are suggested to try with a new cat 5e or cat 6 cable.
3. When the internet drops on the WR840N, can you confirm if there is still a WAN IP address on the WR840N? If there is one, try to change the WAN DNS server to Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then confirm again.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Ping going high suddenly
2021-01-07 08:47:44

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

The internet provider VISP, as well that I change the cable few weeks ago it's a brand new one but the case is that when internet drops ethernet doesn't only wireless. The provider told me that there's a cpu overload or it's getting overheating but I don't think this is the issue because it's still a new router and there's not many users. 

I'm gonna try to change the dns server ip as you requested once the drop happens and I'll update you. 

Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 480

Replies: 2

Related Articles