RE650 work vpn keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-07 07:56:50
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 build 20201112 rel. 66232(6985)

Hi! I have another problem with this extender, every morning I connect to the work VPN but it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I've already check with the network department at work and the vpn is ok, stable. I've checked with my fiber provider (Vodafone) and the line is ok, also changed their router, but still the vpn keep dropping. I've tried both 2.4Ghz wifi connection and 5Ghz but same happens. I always resolve the issue rebooting the extender, but it's not a solution. I've also upgraded the firmware to last version. No changes (the release said it was more stable...).

Options
8 Reply
Re:RE650 work vpn keeps disconnecting and reconnecting
2021-01-08 05:41:01

@mirkoema84 

Hi,

Would Ethernet connection to the RE650 have the same issue as well?

If un-plug the RE650, connecting to the main router, is the VPN connection much stable?

What kind of the VPN connection did you use, such as Open VPN, L2TP, IPsec?

If not connecting to the VPN, just normal internet streaming, would the connection still be unstable?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-14 08:03:44

@TP-Link Hi, it's difficult for me to try to connect with cable...anyway I've tried connecting in wifi directly to the main router during one of this episodes of disconnection and the vpn is much more stable, no issue there. The repeater always says that the wifi connection to the main router is good during those episodes.

Our company vpn is a VPN on Cisco ASA with proprietary client Cisco AnyConnect. Not connecting to the vpn, the windows wifi connection seems stable, but still I see some packet loss or late response doing a ping to 8.8.8.8

Probably the vpn is more sensitive.

Options
2021-01-27 20:26:36
Any news? still having the issue...main network still working...not the extender.
Options
2021-06-20 20:43:01

@mirkoema84 @TP_LINK 

I just got RE220 and I am experiencing similar issue with my company's VPN connection.

Options
2021-06-21 02:54:00

@ssnl5  Hello,

Do you mean among wireless clients (laptops and mobile devices) connected to RE, the certain device uses company's VPN have some unstable problem? 

If that PC connects to main router and uses VPN, is there any problem? What kind of the VPN connection or VPN software did you use, such as Open VPN, L2TP, IPsec?

If the issue happens only when device connects to RE please confirm your RE is the latest firmware version ( select hardware to check corresponding firmware )

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re220/#Firmware

Options
2021-10-26 12:58:32

@TP-Link 

Hi TP-Link

I also have a RE650 and my IPSEC VPN disconnect and reconnect all the time on my corp laptop. If i unplug the TP Link network extender the ipsec VPN stop disconnecting and everything is stable meaning the re650 is the root cause for sure.

I am using the latest firmware on the TP Link.

Please let me know if you guys have an updated status on this issue.

Regards

Options
2021-10-29 08:01:00

@mirkoema84 l too have this problem.My extender worked ok for a week and then it decided to keep disconnecting!! I unplugged from the wall socket and replugged. Is  it ok to do this occasionally without having to reboot and reset the unit?

Thanks for any advice.

Options
2021-10-29 08:05:39

@mirkoema84 They have changed by extender with a new one but same issue...so I've changed to primary router (Vodafone) and now everything is ok.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1927

Replies: 6

Related Articles