Parental Controls sort of working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-12 16:00:31 - last edited 2021-01-13 09:05:05
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.1.0.0.9.1 v0070 Build 160613 Rel.40404n

Hi I have set up parental controls and they half work. I have set it up using whitelist and left the list empty donor should block all internet access during the specified time and it does as long as I use an internet browser it blocks everything including Facebook and YouTube, now the problem. I can still use their apps, I can't goto Facebook.com but I can't use the Facebook app, or the YouTube app. Is there a way using the controls to block all access to my daughter's devices but still leave access to all of our other devices. My router is using the most up-to-date firmware, unless there is a custom firmware I could use, I did a quick search and I couldn't find any.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Parental Controls sort of working
2021-01-27 08:54:57

@CornishPixie 

Can I have a screenshot of the keyword settings on the Parental Control page? As far as I know, the keywords filter should also work.

Have you ever tried to test with some other websites and apps? Please follow this setup guidance to check the settings on the VR400 for sure:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1212/

Options
2021-01-27 09:17:00

@Kevin_Z 

I have followed all the instructions and setup guides. I not able to send a screenshot at the moment but it is set to whitelist and the list is empty, therefore it should block everything. The controls do block everything as long as you are using a browser. If your using anything else like an app or a game it will allow internet access. I am after a timed or scheduled 100% internet or WiFi block can the vr400 do that?

Options
2021-01-28 06:46:40

@CornishPixie 

Thank you very much for getting back. We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will verify this and see if there is an issue.

Can you please explain this "I am after a timed or scheduled 100% internet or Wi-Fi block can the vr400 do that"? Does it mean you need to disable and enable the Wi-Fi on the VR400 as a scheduled time period? If that is what you are looking for, please go to Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Schedule, then you can set the schedule to enable and disable the Wi-Fi on the VR400.

Options
2021-01-28 07:26:05

@Kevin_Z I am after both. I would like to set a timer 9pm til 7am and during this time I would like a 100% block on all internet to a certain IP or Mac address. At present the block works as scheduled but it only blocks browser traffic but not traffic from apps. I can not use internet explorer to visit facebook.com but I can use the Facebook app. I have tried YouTube, tiktok. I would like the apps blocked as well, as if the WiFi is switched off.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 470

Replies: 4

Related Articles